1 day post-op and HAPPY

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

1 day post-op and HAPPY

Postby sere1 » Sun Apr 15, 2007 6:36 pm

Yesterday I had LASIK with the microkeratome blade (no "special extras" like wavefront). I was -6.5 in the right and -7 in the left eye with negligible astigmatism. (I believe it was ~.25 in each)

I was extremely lucky in that I found a fellow grad student from my department was "moonlighting" there as a tech on that particular day, and she stayed with me and helped alleviate a lot of my fears (admittedly, a semi-tranquilizer helped some with that, too).
I went home and slept for about 7 hours, and when I woke up at 11pm I could see the snow falling outside! This would have been 100% awesome were it not April 14th. I slept/stayed in bed with my eyes closed for the rest of the night.

Today I was able to drive myself to the post-op (30 miles) My right eye is 20/20 (although I did have some problems focusing on the line to read) and my left eye is supposedly 20/30, but I think it's a bit worse as I just kind of guessed at the top line they showed me on the eye chart, and I don't think the tech checked to see if I was right or not. I'm "20/20" overall.

When the doctor examined me, he wasn't happy with the swelling in the left eye and upped my dosage of PredForte, and I see him again in two days to check the progress. Right now I'm very happy with the outcome--I have a bit of burning, and I have yet to successfully master the art of putting the drops in my eyes, but other than that--I CAN SEE!
Hopefully my left eye improves (the swelling and the vision). I don't really have a dominant eye (the darn things switch every dominant eye test I take), and in the past I've gotten strong headaches when one eye is worse than the other, so hopefully they equal out.

I'm so glad I found this site; it helped me know some things to expect, and alleviated a lot of my fears. :)

-Cristina
sere1

Very Good News

Postby Ted61 » Sun Apr 15, 2007 6:46 pm

Glad to hear you're doing so well. My Lasik was done over 5 weeks ago and, although I am fairly satisfied with the results, I still have a way to go. Today, it was so neat to walk to church in the rain and not worry about getting rain on my glasses which I have worn since I was 12 years old (now, 61). Hope all continues to heal well for you.
Ted61

Postby LasikExpert » Mon Apr 16, 2007 12:13 am

I'm glad to hear of your good outcome and I'm especially glad that our website has been helpful.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Return to Just Had It