Enhancement question regarding the procedure & If I nee

Post your questions and start your research in this forum if more than three months ago you had any type of surgery to reduce the need for glasses and contacts.

Enhancement question regarding the procedure & If I nee

Postby FLOPGUY » Tue Apr 10, 2007 1:26 am

When they so an enhancement and lift the flap (Lasik). Does this require a bandage contact when the procedure is done?

I am not sure if I need an enhancement.

I definitely still have nearsight in my left eye with ghosting. My vision is actually very good when I first awake and deteriorates after an hour.
I am 5 months post, and about 3 week ago ended a stretch where I have very dry eyes (drops every 5-10 min) Now I havent used drops for days at a time. Even when I awake my eye doesnt feel stuck anymore (sometimes slightly).

My 2nd question is. Should I still be waiting to see what happens because I just had such a long period with super dry eyes or has a few weeks been enough time to tell. I dont want to jump the gun and rush in for an enhancement.

Thanks
FLOPGUY

Postby jeffrylim27 » Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:24 am

I had under correction of about -1.00 on both eyes after my LASIK procedure.

After 3 months, I decided to get my enhancement done. It has been 4 weeks since I completed my enhancment, and I am so glad I made the decision to do it. I am now experiencing what I expected to experience after my first Lasik surgery - 20/10 vision.

In my case, for the enhancement, the flaps that were created will need to be relifted for the enhancement. After the enhancement, the doc will need to put bandage contact lense, for the flap to heal. Mine was removed after 4 days. As soon as the bandage was removed, I could see perfectly with my R eye. For my left eye, it was a little swollen, and it took about 10 days to stabilize. It still has a little dryness, but vision have improved to pretty satisfactory level now.
jeffrylim27

Re: Enhancement question regarding the procedure & If I

Postby LasikExpert » Tue Apr 17, 2007 5:10 pm

FLOPGUY wrote:When they so an enhancement and lift the flap (Lasik). Does this require a bandage contact when the procedure is done?

A bandage contact lens is sometimes used, but if a bandage contact lens is requied is at the discretion of the surgeon and based upon the circumstances of your individual eyes.

FLOPGUY wrote:I definitely still have nearsight in my left eye with ghosting. My vision is actually very good when I first awake and deteriorates after an hour.

That may be dry eyes.

FLOPGUY wrote:I am 5 months post, and about 3 week ago ended a stretch where I have very dry eyes (drops every 5-10 min) Now I havent used drops for days at a time. Even when I awake my eye doesnt feel stuck anymore (sometimes slightly).

That sounds like you still need a little dry eye management.

FLOPGUY wrote:My 2nd question is. Should I still be waiting to see what happens because I just had such a long period with super dry eyes or has a few weeks been enough time to tell. I dont want to jump the gun and rush in for an enhancement.

You can always wait. Discuss the dry eye issue with your doctor and seek an examination.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Return to Had It A While Ago