Different climate

Post your questions and start your research in this forum if more than three months ago you had any type of surgery to reduce the need for glasses and contacts.

Different climate

Postby susieQ » Sat Apr 21, 2007 7:18 pm

I may be going to Denver the end of next week for a few days. I live in Florida. Should I expect problems due to the climate change? I've read about how the humidity helps with dry eyes. Any thoughts???? For a quick up-date. I had surgery Feb. 6, '07 and want to encourage all of those that had it recently. Things do really seem to just get better and better. I drove the other night and after I got home I thought, wow, I didn't even think about my eyes and how well I could see, etc. I had mono-vision and am really enjoying my ability to read without contacts or glasses. My distance vision seems to be better than a month ago. I have an appt. with my local doctor in May and will be curious to see what my vision is at that time. So, hang in there and be patient. My best to everyone : )
susieQ

Postby LasikExpert » Sun Apr 22, 2007 4:32 am

A difference in relative humidity, temperature, and atmospheric pressure (over one mile high) may cause dryness and/or fluctuations, but you won't know until you are there. Enough vials of preservative-free artifical tears for the flight and the first few days would be a good thing to pack. You can always pick up more if you need them.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Return to Had It A While Ago