Post Lasik 7 months

Post your questions and start your research in this forum if more than three months ago you had any type of surgery to reduce the need for glasses and contacts.

Post Lasik 7 months

Postby Vannh9 » Sat Apr 28, 2007 8:57 pm

Glenn,

I am post lasik (intralasik)7 months. My right eye has been stable at -.50 for the entire time...Left eye is also -.50, but that was planned for modified mono.

I went to have my post enhancement dialation done yesterday and my right eye has regressed to -1.00-the last time it was checked was 3 weeks ago and it was still -.50.

Is this considered normal regression??

I don't know if they will do the enhancement because of the change. I will call the center on Monday, but I found it odd that it changed so quickly with it having been stable since the day after the surgery.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Thanks

Vann
Vannh9

Postby Vannh9 » Sat Apr 28, 2007 9:06 pm

I forgot to mention that my eye has recently started twitching almost constantly....it doesn't hurt ore really bother me, but it is pretty constant.

Could the regression and the twitching be related??

Thanks
Vannh9

Postby LasikExpert » Tue May 01, 2007 1:29 am

The source of the twitching (blephospasm) needs to be determined and treated. It is not likely related to the regression, but may (emphasis on may) be related to the surgery.

Interestingly, around 1989 ophthalmologists determined that a very diluted form of botulism could be injected into the area around the eye to paralyze the muscles that respond in a blephospasm. This technique evolved into Botox.

You say you had a dilated exam and your refractive error changed from 0.50 D to 1.00 D myopia (nearsighted, shortsighted) vision. A dilated exam indicates a cycloplegic examination, which would also paralyze the natural lens inside the eye and would keep you from being able to focus.

If you have 0.50 D with a manifest refraction (which is better, one or two? without dilation/paralyze) and have 1.00 D with a cycloplegic refraction (which is better, one or two? with dilation/paralyze), then your eyes are naturally “focusing around” about 0.50 diopter of refractive error.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Postby Vannh9 » Wed May 02, 2007 12:16 am

Glenn,

Thanks so much for the reply. And thanks for the feedback on the twitching.

I think I miscommunicated a bit. The dialated exam was -.75. and Not dialated had regressed to -1.0

I guess in the scheme of things pretty minor difference ...even in relation to -.50, but it does mean the use of glasses if they won't do the enhancement. I spoke to the surgery center today and they won't say yes or no until they have done another exam ...I will keep you posted.

Thanks again
Vannh9

Return to Had It A While Ago