Dry Eye & Travel

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

Dry Eye & Travel

Postby amilli » Wed May 02, 2007 10:05 pm

Are there any recommendations on preparing for travel when you have pretty serious dry eye? I am planning to go on a trip requiring a 10 hour plane ride each way and am concerned that my dry eye will be unbearable. Any suggestions on how to prepare and/or what to do while on the plane outside of bringing tons of eye drops?
amilli

Postby LasikExpert » Thu May 03, 2007 1:36 pm

Due to new restrictions on flights in the United States you will be limited on how much liquid you can bring on board. Each must be in a container that holds less than 3.4 ounces and all must fit into a 1 quart plastic baggie. While this should not be a problem for your eyecare needs, you will need to add to that all other liquids you intend to carry on board.

Probably the best will be sleep. Closed eyes will keep in the moisture. Carry vials of preservative-free artificial tears. The thicker drops like Systane may be more helpful. You could use the nighttime ointment or gel, but your vision may be blurred like looking through jelly. Drink plenty of water so you don't dehydrate.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Return to Just Had It