3 weeks out on Lasik enchancement

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

3 weeks out on Lasik enchancement

Postby Marcco » Wed May 02, 2007 8:39 pm

My lasik enchancement for my reading eye was done 3 weeks ago. I was +2.25 and wanted to get to +1.00. I am overcorrected at this point to +.50 but hope for some regression as is typical in my previous surgeries. My distance eye is 20/25 after several enhancements with the latest being 6 months ago. However, I now have developed astigmatism and may opt for another enchancement to remedy that. I figure I will keep going until they get it right. The doctor says while it is not typical for the eyes to change over time, it is not unprecedented. So my hope springs eternal and will look for a better result in my distance eye. My surgeon is excellent and was able to lift the flap in my reading eye 9 years after the original surgery. Will keep all posted
Marcco

Postby LasikExpert » Thu May 03, 2007 2:01 pm

The use of the plus and minus sign when referring to refractive error appears inaccurate.

A minus sign in front of the dioptic number indicates myopia (nearsighted, shortsighted). A monovision patient would normally be targeted for -0.75 to -2.00 D in the nondominant eye.

A plus sign in front of the number indicates hyperopia (farsighted, longsighted) vison.

It would seem likely that if you were +2.25 (hyperopic) before surgery you would want to get to -1.00.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Postby Marcco » Thu May 03, 2007 7:38 pm

LasikExpert wrote:The use of the plus and minus sign when referring to refractive error appears inaccurate.

A minus sign in front of the dioptic number indicates myopia (nearsighted, shortsighted). A monovision patient would normally be targeted for -0.75 to -2.00 D in the nondominant eye.

A plus sign in front of the number indicates hyperopia (farsighted, longsighted) vison.

It would seem likely that if you were +2.25 (hyperopic) before surgery you would want to get to -1.00.

You are correct............I incorrectly labeled my prescription +2.25 instead of -2.25...........I was then corrected to approximately -.50 which is the overcorrection. I still may regress but I am now dealing with astigmatism in my left distance eye that was not there prior to my latest lasik enhancement. Thanks for correcting me.
Marcco

Postby LasikExpert » Fri May 04, 2007 1:22 am

I wanted to be sure I understood your situation.

The astigmatism could easily be edema at the edge of the cornea or related to dry eye issues. These commonly resolve with healing. It may be induced, but there is at least a possibility it is just temporary.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Return to Just Had It