another 5 month post op

Post your questions and start your research in this forum if more than three months ago you had any type of surgery to reduce the need for glasses and contacts.

another 5 month post op

Postby rayvendawn » Thu May 03, 2007 5:37 am

I am now at my 5 month post op *custom wavefront intralasik* and I am still very satisfied with my vision, I have yet to have it checked since the 3 month visit to my doctor. My vision hasn't changed at all since the first week and if it has it hasn't been at all noticible. I had some glasses made right after I had lasik to deal with the horrible headaches that I thought were associated with not wearing my glasses with prism in them. The doctor put in a 1.25 correction in them but after a few weeks putting the glasses on made my eyes feel... off.. kinda like when you put someone elses glasses on.
I am still dealing with dry eye and I still need drops up to 4 times a day, I think it is made worse by the working conditions and the amount of hours I am subjected to bright lights and air conditioners.
I am thinking about going back and having new lenses made for my glasses some without any prescription just a prism.
I have noticed something though which is kind of odd... since I have had lasik when I have pictures made it looks like I have a very slight glaze/cataract look over the small area on my cornea where the flap was cut. I don't think most people would ever notice and I definitely can't feel it or see it unless in a photograph with a flash.
Is this normal?
rayvendawn

Postby Remander » Sat May 05, 2007 6:21 am

the doctor put in a 1.25 correction in them but after a few weeks putting the glasses on made my eyes feel... off.. kinda like when you put someone elses glasses on.

You may want to have your vision checked. Maybe it got better (or worse) and made the glasses feel off. I hear your vision can fluctuate quite a bit in the weeks and months after Lasik.

Also, if your vision gets no better than 1.25 off, you may want to ask about an enhancement. Mine was .75 off, and it helped me lots.

Good luck!
Remander

Re: another 5 month post op

Postby LasikExpert » Mon May 07, 2007 7:38 pm

rayvendawn wrote:I have noticed something though which is kind of odd... since I have had lasik when I have pictures made it looks like I have a very slight glaze/cataract look over the small area on my cornea where the flap was cut. I don't think most people would ever notice and I definitely can't feel it or see it unless in a photograph with a flash. Is this normal?

That is odd. I surmise that the very high intensity of a strobe flash causes the light to reflect back at the interface of the Lasik flap. I assume that photography without flash does not create this effect. Light reflection may be able to be replicated in the examining room. Mention this to the doctor. I doubt anything can (or should be) done, but it is a curiosity.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Return to Had It A While Ago