2 Month update

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

2 Month update

Postby jclark104 » Sat May 12, 2007 6:15 am

Hello all! It's been a few weeks since I updated due to little change in the vision and a busy schedule, however two months is a good milestone to post at.

The vision is slowly but surely progressing as I am noticing more fluctuations during the day. The best time is in the morning, right after drops at any time, and oddly enough, later at night. My eyes are fairly dry in the morning and dry eye has come back a bit but is managable.

Today, I really noticed how much better my right eye is over my left. I did however have mild astigmatism in my left eye so I did expect a slower recovery*can anyone confirm this?* I have not used a vision chart outside of the doctors visits so I believe I am still 20/15ish with both eyes.

Night vision is coming along with starbursts and halos at a minimum but still present at times. Distance is coming and going depending on the time, light, and dryness conditions. I hope for continued improvement as well as the same for anyone else in the process.

I do have some suggestions for all of us who continue to evaluate our progress:
There are many "self tests" we all perform to measure our vision after surgery and we all know we compare our results to others. I think it would help if we had similar definitions for near, mid-range, and distance vision. That being said, the size of the text should be somewhat uniform, i.e. speed limit sign, license plate, etc. Just something to consider!

Thanks everyone!
jclark104

Re: 2 Month update

Postby LasikExpert » Sat May 12, 2007 6:19 am

jclark104 wrote:I did however have mild astigmatism in my left eye so I did expect a slower recovery*can anyone confirm this?*

Just having mild astigmatism does not automatically indicate a slower recovery, but astigmatism correction can be more challenging. If residual astigmatism is because of edema (swelling) and/or healing response, then vision would likely clear with healing. Only time will tell.

I hope we hear from you at least by month three.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Return to Just Had It