Recovery stats

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

Recovery stats

Postby SteveR » Sat May 12, 2007 6:26 pm

I realise everyone heals differently etc, but are there any stats at all to help shed light on how healing progresses over the course of say 6 months following treatment?

These might be as at a broad a level as ‘the majority of high myopes having LASIK regress rather than improve over the 3 months following surgery’, or ‘10% regress in that period’, etc. Currently I have absolutely no idea at all. Heck a single simple graph might answer the majority of questions people may have regarding what goes on during the healing process.

Of course if there were more detailed stats out there, these would be more useful yet.
SteveR

Postby LasikExpert » Sat May 12, 2007 8:46 pm

There are literally hundreds of Lasik studies and reports that provide bits and pieces of this information, but since each person's eyes are different and the technology/techniques vary so greatly, it is almost impossible to provide such information.

What we provide is outcomes at six months postop for Lasik results and similar refractive surgery.

The only way to get the information you seek is from a competent doctor after a comprehensive examination.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Postby SteveR » Sat May 12, 2007 9:25 pm

Hi Glenn,

Thanks for the prompt response and such an informative site. It is of course information of a statistical nature that’s of interest to me rather than a specific personal prediction, which I realise is impossible. It whiles away the healing time (3 weeks post-op) and is of no particular use :)

From reading many (probably most) of your posts here yesterday I was left with the impression that regression is the likely progression after the op., for myopia treatment, specifically when high myopia is mentioned.

From stats I vaguely recall coming across some time ago, I thought regression (returning to the myopic state) was statistically less common than progressing into a less myopic state, after myopia treatment though. I’ll see if I can find something from digging through the publications on the site you refer to.

Thanks - a fellow personality type “A” it seems :)
SteveR

Postby LasikExpert » Sat May 12, 2007 10:59 pm

Regression of effect is all but guaranteed for correction over 6.00 diopters myopia (nearsighted, shortsighted) and just about any hyperopic (farsighted, longsighted) correction. Regression is due to the wound response. The greated the change the more likely and greater the response.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Return to Just Had It