vision 1.5 weeks after PRK

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

vision 1.5 weeks after PRK

Postby ksoldan » Mon May 07, 2007 3:28 am

I had PRK 10 days ago and things have been going as expected for what I can tell. My question is for those who have had PRK. As of now, I usually feel as though I have one contact in and one out which is really getting annoying. I find using the computer (and typing now) very difficult as I can't really read well At all. I feel safe to drive but if I was going somewhere new and needed to read signs more closely, I'd be struggling. Is this niormal? I know I'm still healing and I'm trying to be patient but it is affecting my daily life. I've been using my Refresh drops like they are going out of style so I do feel like my eyes are about as lubricated as possible. Have others experienced this as well and if so, how long did it take for your to stablize? Somehow it helps hearing other peoples experiences.
Thanks so much
K
ksoldan

Postby LasikExpert » Mon May 07, 2007 4:19 pm

Everyone will heal differently, but the limitations you describe do not sound too unusual. Be sure to report any problems to your doctor.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Postby lvziggy » Mon May 14, 2007 6:50 pm

K, I had my eyes done separately, with PRK, but with each eye I really didn't see very well until about 3 weeks had passed. I couldn't have functioned for quite some time if I had had both eyes done at the same time. You're only 10 days out so you should start improving noticably in the next week or so. Not sure what to tell you about the feeling that you have one contact in and one out. I know some days, toward the end of the day, I feel like I need to take my contacts out - until I realize I'm not wearing contacts! So I just use some drops and they feel better.

~Alison
lvziggy

Postby ksoldan » Tue May 15, 2007 3:45 pm

Thanks Alison.

I'm 17 days out now and have noticed steady improvement over the last week or so. I still have what I think is mild ghosting and the computer isn't what I would call effortless but it's improving so that's encouraging. Hopefully when I'm at the one month mark, things will be even that much better. Are you feeling like you see as well as you did with contact prior to your surgery?
ksoldan

Postby lvziggy » Tue May 15, 2007 5:05 pm

K, I do feel like I see as well now as I did with contacts. And since I wore toric contacts they usually bugged me some during the day, and now I don't have that trouble. Plus, I couldn't wear my contacts at night since they created the halos and glares, but I don't have that problem now either. So all in all I'm much happier post-PRK than I was before.

I have to share a little story that for me really shows how much happier I am since I had PRK. My husband and I went to Catalina for our vacation last week. As you may know, a big fire broke out and people were evacuated from their hotels and off the island. Our hotel only had a voluntary evacuation, and since the boats taking people off the island were a madhouse, hubby and I decided to stay the nite in our hotel and take our chances. Thru the evening we kept getting information about power outages and more evacuations, which made us (well, me) pretty nervous. As it turned out we ended up being okay thru the nite and took a boat off the island the next morning. This morning I thought about how I would have reacted that nite if I had had to worry about my glasses. We had packed everything in case we had to leave suddenly, and if there had been a power outage I wouldn't have been able to see enough to find my glasses! That was always my worry when we were on vacation, what to do with my glasses so I can find them during the nite. But since I had PRK and could see without glasses, it wasn't even a concern. I'm very grateful for that.

~Alison
lvziggy

Return to Just Had It