What about 5 years time?

If you are thinking about having Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL eye surgery, this is the forum to research your concerns or ask your questions.

What about 5 years time?

Postby missdreg » Mon Jul 24, 2006 6:09 pm

I've been reading up on the Wavefront technology & have what seems like a really daft/simple/basic question:

If I have surgery now & in say 5-10 years time my eye sight deteriorates (not reading vision, I have been advised that this is 'enivitable') can one have a 'second round' of treatment?

I've tried to get an indication from this & various other sites, but have been unable to get any information apart from a 'scare story' that goes along the lines of "once it's done, you can't have it again".

I've read postings on this site & it seems that it is possible, but wondered if there were any reasons why it would not be possible?

Please advise..................thanks!
missdreg

Postby LasikExpert » Mon Jul 24, 2006 8:27 pm

Wavefront-guided enhancement surgery is not only possible, it is often used to resolve vision problems that were induced with previous surgery. Conventional or wavefront-guided enhancement surgery after initial wavefront-guided surgery is also possible.

Whether or not wavefront-guided enhancement surgery would be appropriate for you in the future would depend upon your needs at that time, if in fact you do need enhancement surgery.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Postby missdreg » Tue Jul 25, 2006 3:36 am

Glenn, many thanks for this.......I was of the impression that I'd been on the receiving end of and "old wives' tale" but wanted to sort fact from fiction.

Mant thanks.
missdreg

Postby LasikExpert » Tue Jul 25, 2006 4:23 am

I'm glad to be of assistance. Hopefully you will never need enhancement surgery.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Return to Thinking About It