5 mo update

Post your questions and start your research in this forum if more than three months ago you had any type of surgery to reduce the need for glasses and contacts.

5 mo update

Postby rips241 » Mon Apr 09, 2007 11:00 pm

I started posting here a week or two after my surgery. Part of my daily routine now is to check the new posts for the latest info. It seems that almost everyone has the same post op problems. I, like many others, was not satisfied with my results. I expected to have perfect vision after only a couple days. Well we all know that is not the case.
I had very blurry vision for weeks after surgery. One eye was far better than the other. I was worried. My post op visits were uneventful. A little swelling from the surgery was to blame. "Give it time" I was told.
A couple months later I'm still not happy. One eye is not as good as the other. My distance vision, that was to be corrected, still isn't there. I'm beginning to wonder if I didn't make a mistake here. My last visit to the doc went well. My vision was 20/20 and 20/30. No way I thought. I can't see far like I should. And you know what, I'm not supposed to be able to read without glasses like I am now. They made a mistake here or something. I was diagnosed with a bad case of dry eye and put on Restasis.
Now at the 5 month mark and being on this Restasis for a couple months my eyes are finally where I'd like them to be. Yes my expectations are a little less than when this started. My eyes still get tired by the end of the day. And I'm still using the regular drops for moisture. But I do not where glasses. Only fine print gives me a hard time. And my distance may not be perfect but its good enough to drive without glasses - safely.

My goal when this started was:
To not reach for my glasses first thing when I wake up.
To not rub my sore nose at the end of the day where the glasses dig in
To be able to read the paper and do computer work without glasses.
To not have to deal with dirty glasses or scratched glasses.
To play golf without glasses.
To not buy another pair of expensive glasses that I reallly don't like.
To not have to raise my nose up in the air to look through the bifocals.
It may not be perfect but all the hassles of wearing glasses are gone.
SO FOR ME - MISSION ACCOMPLISHED ! I WOULD DO IT AGAIN.

And for all the people out there that are having trouble early, give it some time. You may have a real problem, but you may just need more time. This isn't a miracle, one day, cure. Its a process that takes time.

Thanks Glenn
rips241

Postby LasikExpert » Tue Apr 24, 2007 8:41 pm

I'm delighted that our website has been informative.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Postby tiggy » Tue Apr 24, 2007 10:48 pm

Rips241

Thank you for giving us some perspective!!

It is so dearly needed as we wait the prk healing out. I am 4 months out and some days things seem really frustrating. I wasn't honestly bothered with not being able to see well until after 3 months- my mental benchmark of when things should be improving! LOL, I should KNOW better than that!!

Now I am somewhere between 20/15-20/25 in my left eye and in the ballpark of 20/40-20/50 with my right eye. Drops don't seem to correct it much so I think it is truly residual astigmatism (came from +3.25 in that eye) with lots of myopia (-7).

Gut feeling is that I will need further surgery to correct my right eye.

So I do [b]thank you [/b]for coming back to share!

Congrats on the good results :)

Tigs
tiggy

tiggy, are you planning to have an enhancement?

Postby bada5150 » Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:35 pm

Tiggy,
Are you plannning to have an enhancement to fix your astigmatism?

Thanks
bada5150

Postby tiggy » Tue Jun 19, 2007 11:07 pm

bada5150-

I don't know......likely. I am still waiting it out. My vision isn't great but, I can see and my eyes are not dry anymore!!! Yeah!!! The healing really is a bear with PRK. I am happy I had the surgery but, will wait another month or so before deciding then probably will go for it in the fall.

Did you have prk? Ar eyou going for an enhancement?

How for out are you form the original surgery??

All the best-
Tigs
tiggy

Postby UnforeseenOne » Wed Aug 01, 2007 6:57 pm

ive been reading all the posts here and i dunno im still kinda a skeptic on this topic i dunno maybe just nerves thinking about it.....ill keep reading on and thinking....congrats on all the success stories here.

http://www.xuxgxwx.blogspot.com Free Lasik Info
UnforeseenOne

Return to Had It A While Ago