Question about Genteal Gel & drops

Post your questions and start your research in this forum if more than three months ago you had any type of surgery to reduce the need for glasses and contacts.

Question about Genteal Gel & drops

Postby Betty39 » Wed Jun 27, 2007 1:52 am

I am still using the Genteal gel at night. It seems it worked the best for me. But I know there must be preservatives in it. Do you think it's okay to be using it nightly? I have never been a person who is alergic to anything and I have never had any alergies that I know of. But I am worried about using this now for so many months every night.
Also, is it okay to now use the drops with preservatives at 9 months post op? The others are so darn expensive! If I can use them how often? I now only use drops 1 maybe 2 times a day, is that too much for drops with perservatives?

Thanks!
Betty
Betty39

Postby LasikExpert » Wed Jun 27, 2007 5:38 am

Yes, GenTel gel has a preservative, but if you are not experiencing any problems it is probably okay. ReFresh PM and Tears Naturale PM do not use preservatives. See the artifical tears guide at the bottom of our dry eye treatment page.

You may want to try the "preservative free in the eye" drops to see how they do. They are less expensive than the single-use vials.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Return to Had It A While Ago