So I cant make up my mind on which Dr. To go with :-(

If you are thinking about having Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL eye surgery, this is the forum to research your concerns or ask your questions.

So I cant make up my mind on which Dr. To go with :-(

Postby houstonman » Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:24 pm

My reg eye Dr is at sears and reffred me to a near by eye dr who he said handles lasik who is a private buisness and so forth. Well I go there and she gives me the lasik testing and tells me she doesnt handle "Intralase" but ...[another doctor]...would be able to handle the procedure since he has the machine.

I went there and he ran the exact same test and all was well and said I only had a slight astigmatism. Im set to go under on July 2nd but here is the deal... I find his medical records and it says.....

[edit]

Vs the DR I found on your site for lasik in Houston... I have not spoke with this guy but he has been in the field for some time....

[edit]

Can someone tell me if the original Dr. Is too new and I should go with the one this site had listed? Im nervous as these are my eyes that cant be replaced lol. Im going to have intralse wavefront.

Thanks. My original dr [edit] said he has done over 600 procedures with no major complications.

:) Please Help me lasik expert
houstonman

Postby LasikExpert » Thu Jun 28, 2007 7:38 pm

I apologize for all the edits, but we do not allow names of doctors or clinics on our forum...even doctors certified with our organization. We feel that the issues you raise are more important than the individuals. Many people deal with your concerns.

My bias is going to be very strongly toward the doctor who we have certified and who is on our governing Board of Trustees. Not just because he has been certified and serves, but because he has been in this industry for decades, is very well published, teaches many courses, and truly is one of the top surgeons in the country. I suspect that if you asked the alternative surgeon, he would likely agree.

That said, the other surgeon who has performed 600 procedures has a lot of practical knowledge behind him. You may want to use our 50 Tough Questions For Your Lasik Doctor to help evaluate him.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Postby houstonman » Thu Jun 28, 2007 9:36 pm

Thank you so much! I knew you would be the right person to ask. Sorry about all the docs I named. Im deff going to take what you said to heart and make the best decision. :D
houstonman

Return to Thinking About It