Lasik Wavefront - Done 2 years ago

Post your questions and start your research in this forum if more than three months ago you had any type of surgery to reduce the need for glasses and contacts.

Lasik Wavefront - Done 2 years ago

Postby Alvituricos » Mon Jul 02, 2007 11:23 pm

Hi there, i live in Brazil and I don't have the perfect english and will be harder for me to find words for medical arguments, but i will try to explain what is happening to me.

I have done Lasik Wavefront using the excimer laser a little less than 2 years ago.

Im 24 years old now and I had around -2.50 on each eye.

My vision is perfect, i can read everything very well but i see starbursts even at daylight reflected on cars for example but it is acceptable, and starbursts and halos at night from light sources. At night it is not VERY strong but it is strong and it bothers me a lot.

Alphagan does not work for me, so i guess the glare/halos is not the result of the pupil being bigger than the treated area like i have read here on some cases.

The worst thing is that around 10 hours after i am awake, the production of mucus in my eyes is very strong and it is non-stop. I can't date anymore because it is simple nasty. I always clean it but in 30 minutes it is nasty again. I usually have mucus on the entire eye, not just the corner. And when i wake up, the mucus is all dry on my entire eyes as well. I have mucus production before the 10 hours of being awake but it is way less.

I'm still using Fresh Tears, Epitegel and clean the dry mucus at the morning with Blephagel and I dont suffer from dry eyes at all.

I got a second opnion these days and the doctor said that he knew at least 3 people that had the same exactly symptons as me and in 3 years these symptons disappeared. I would like to know if it is possible.

I also would like to know more opnions about my case. Please let me know if you didnt understand something and I can try to explain it better. Questions is also appreciated.

Thank you all very mutch.

Alvaro Guarita
Alvituricos

Postby LasikExpert » Tue Jul 03, 2007 3:16 am

I believe I understand your English very well.

Your symptoms appear to be similar to an allergic response. It may be that there is something in your environment that is causing this problem. That would be consistent with your doctor having additional people with identical symptoms.

Do you have the other symptoms with the mucus discharge? Do you have red bumps underneath the eyelids?

It appears that your treatment is treating the symptoms, but not the cause. Have you discussed with your doctor using an antihistamine or other allergy medication?
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Postby Alvituricos » Tue Jul 03, 2007 6:46 am

Thank you very mutch for your answer. I appreciate it a lot.

LasikExpert wrote:Do you have the other symptoms with the mucus discharge?

I'm sorry, I think I didn't understand this question very well but I will try to answer it.

I do see halos and starbusts with the mucus discharge, it doesn't disappear. But I also can't tell if its the mucus that is causing it.
I wake up at the morning and like I said I see glare at morning/daytime when the sun reflects on a car at a favorable angle, and at that time of the day there is mucus production but it is not very intense like 6-10 hours after i am awake. Actually I think I can't answer this question exactly since I don't know what is having eyes without mucus for a long time now.

Sometimes the glare/halos gets a bit worse when i have a lot of mucus in my eyes and my vision gets blurry for a moment, but it gets better when i wash/clean it.

Also, I forgot to mention that when i wake up, there is so mutch dry mucus in my eyes, that i see everything blurry, but it also gets better after i wash/clean my eyes.

I also would like to ask if you could reformulate this question if you think I didnt answer it properly. I'm sorry about that.

LasikExpert wrote:Do you have red bumps underneath the eyelids?

I just checked my eyelids in a mirror and I didn't find any. I guess it is ok. No red bumps on it.

LasikExpert wrote:Have you discussed with your doctor using an antihistamine or other allergy medication?

No, but i will print this thread and discuss everything i see here with him. So if you have any other input for my case I would appreciate it a lot.

Again, thank you very mutch for your time Glenn.

Alvaro Guarita
Alvituricos

Postby LasikExpert » Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:55 am

Your problem may be caused by bacteria, virus, allergens, chemical exposure, ultraviolet light exposure, or other irritant. Talk with your eye doctor and your general medical doctor about the symptoms.
Glenn Hagele
USAEyes

Lasik Info &

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Postby LasikExpert » Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:59 am

Alvituricos wrote:I'm sorry, I think I didn't understand this question very well but I will try to answer it.

Do you have other health problems?

Você tem outros problemas de saúde?
Glenn Hagele
USAEyes

Lasik Info &

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Postby Alvituricos » Tue Jul 03, 2007 6:37 pm

LasikExpert wrote:
Alvituricos wrote:I'm sorry, I think I didn't understand this question very well but I will try to answer it.

Do you have other health problems?

Você tem outros problemas de saúde?

No. At least none that i know off. Also i haven't been sick for a while now. I feel I have a perfect health.

Like I said I will be discussing everything here with my eye doctor and now also with a general medical doctor as well.

Thanks again my friend, i wish only the best for you.

Alvaro Guarita
Alvituricos

Postby LasikExpert » Wed Jul 04, 2007 6:06 am

De nada.
Glenn Hagele
USAEyes

Lasik Info &

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin