I found something for dry eyes

Post your questions and start your research in this forum if more than three months ago you had any type of surgery to reduce the need for glasses and contacts.

I found something for dry eyes

Postby Mr.UnPerfect » Sat Jul 07, 2007 7:10 am

I have been using a Homeopathic product called SIMILASAN-EYE DROPS It states it is used to "relives dryness, clears redness, soothes & moisturizes". I have been using it for about 1 week and it feels good on the eyes and my eyes have not seemed as dry as of late. As you probably know, it is hard to tell what is actually working when I am doing many other things as well, "omega 3, vitamins, eye drops, etc. " 4plus months post LASIK. Has anyone else used these?, there are some strange ingredients in Homeopathic products and I did not want to mess up my eyes, I did not ask Doc, because he seems not to be into natural things, but I could be wrong. If anyone has heard any bad news about this product let me know.
As usual "THERE IS NO NEW THING UNDER THE SUN" I LEARN SOMETHING OLD EVERY DAY............BOB
Mr.UnPerfect

Re: I found something for dry eyes

Postby FLOPGUY » Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:20 pm

Mr.UnPerfect wrote:I have been using a Homeopathic product called SIMILASAN-EYE DROPS It states it is used to "relives dryness, clears redness, soothes & moisturizes". I have been using it for about 1 week and it feels good on the eyes and my eyes have not seemed as dry as of late. As you probably know, it is hard to tell what is actually working when I am doing many other things as well, "omega 3, vitamins, eye drops, etc. " 4plus months post LASIK. Has anyone else used these?, there are some strange ingredients in Homeopathic products and I did not want to mess up my eyes, I did not ask Doc, because he seems not to be into natural things, but I could be wrong. If anyone has heard any bad news about this product let me know.
As usual "THERE IS NO NEW THING UNDER THE SUN" I LEARN SOMETHING OLD EVERY DAY............BOB

While I can't deny that Homeo products work in some cases. Homeo product to use things in the less refined state. I looked at the ingredients and there seemed to be a couple of things that would give me some concern. Belladonna for one, is an ingredient that would dilate eye. For those with starbursting already, may not want this. The other ingredient I don't like is the Mercuric Oxide. They preach in here for us to stay away from preservatives. Mercuric oxide is tuff guy. I believe that it was even used in pesticides years past.
I would definately run that past your doctor. As for me, I wouldnt even consider using it.
FLOPGUY

Me, too!

Postby bathory313 » Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:17 am

I find that the Similasan drops are much less irritating, and more lubricating for me; I like them much better than the Refresh drops. The Refresh drops made the edges of my eyelids itch, and they sometimes burned when I used them.

Belladonna? Isn't that what the women of Mona Lisa's time put in their eyes to make them dilate?
bathory313

Return to Had It A While Ago