Am I a good candidate?

If you are thinking about having Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL eye surgery, this is the forum to research your concerns or ask your questions.

Am I a good candidate?

Postby supaflyjae » Mon Jul 02, 2007 9:35 pm

I just finished getting a consultation and they said my corneal tissue is around 670mm(?) thick for both eyes and my pupils are around 6.7mm for both and very low case of astigmatism (.25 and .5). I think those numbers are correct. My prescription is about a -5.75 and -6.00 and was going to do the All-laser LASIK.

Any thoughts or advice is definitely appreciated. Thanks. :)
supaflyjae

Postby LasikExpert » Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:24 pm

The information you provided is within the parameters for Lasik, however there are many other aspects that need to be considered. You should probably read about All-Laser Lasik and Should You Do It.

The most important component is the selection of your Lasik doctor. You may want to consider a Lasik doctor whose patient outcomes have been certified by our organization, or use our 50 Tough Questions For Your Lasik Doctor to evaluate a potential surgeon.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Postby jgeorgie33 » Tue Jul 10, 2007 12:55 am

Research as much as you can before going through with ANYTHING. LASIK isn't for everybody.

Edited for external link.
jgeorgie33

Postby supaflyjae » Tue Jul 10, 2007 12:56 am

Thanks for the info :)

I'm also looking into LASEK? Is this proven to be less risky because no flap is created?
supaflyjae

Postby LasikExpert » Sat Jul 14, 2007 9:24 pm

The surface ablation techniques PRK, LASEK, and Epi-Lasik do not require the Lasik flap and thereby eliminate the possibility of a Lasik flap related complication during surgery and the patient's lifetime. Lasik flap complications are relatively rare, but no possibility of a complication is almost always better than a low probability.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Return to Thinking About It