8 weeks post-op

Post your questions and start your research in this forum if more than three months ago you had any type of surgery to reduce the need for glasses and contacts.

8 weeks post-op

Postby aspenice » Fri Jul 06, 2007 7:46 am

I thought I would post and seeif everything I am having now is within normal. First, I went and was told I have no dry eye. My doctor said that my cornea is healing very well and there are no dry spots on my eyes. My dry eye seems to be a bit better but still not great. I am also still experiencing halos. starbusts and light sensitivity. The one thing that really bothers me though is that my vision is not crisp and still out of focus. When I am in a store and read a sign, say the grocery store. I can read the sign but I have to make my eyes squint or pull my eyes in the end corners to see clearly. I thought I would be much better than this at 8 weeks and am really down. I don't know if I will need an enhancement or what. I know 6 months is the key time but still.....
aspenice

Postby LasikExpert » Fri Jul 06, 2007 4:31 pm

Your doctor has reported that your corneas are healing well, but it is virtually impossible to know if you have a bit of edema (inflammation) that could be causing your vision difficulties. You may still be using or affected by medication that can cause vision difficulties.

Lasik is more of a six month process than a 20-Minute Miracle. You will need to have patience, and hopefully enhancement surgery will not be necessary.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Postby aspenice » Fri Jul 06, 2007 5:54 pm

I am trying not to worry too much cause I know 6 months is the timeframe I need to allow. I am not on any meds except fish oil and the celluvisc.
aspenice

Postby Remander » Sat Jul 07, 2007 8:30 am

Hang in there. Long after I showed no dry areas on exam, drops nonetheless improved my vision. And even the drops did not do what the natural tears eventually did.

As the natural tear screen returned over time (now 6 mos. post Lasik and 2.5 mos. post-enhancement, ) my vision steadily improved. I now seldom use drops (once in a.m. and occasionally in the evening), and my vision has greatly improved with time.

I posted about my experience at http://www.usaeyes.org/ask-lasik-expert ... .php?t=820
Remander

Postby aspenice » Tue Jul 10, 2007 1:35 am

Thanks Remander for documenting your journey. It makes me feel more positive as I am not right now. My vision is still very blurry and I have alot of ghosting, halos, etc. If I knew everything would be crisp and perfect at 6 months then I wouldn't mind but knowing this maybe it makes me so depressed and upset. I am reading 20/20 but nothing like my glasses.
aspenice

Return to Had It A While Ago