Scheduled for the 17th but heard a new side effect

If you are thinking about having Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL eye surgery, this is the forum to research your concerns or ask your questions.

Scheduled for the 17th but heard a new side effect

Postby ssigs » Fri Jul 13, 2007 1:03 am

hi,

i'm scheduled for this upcoming tuesday and i was pretty excited until i heard a tragic story but i don't know how serious to take it....a girl at my work had a friend commit suicide recently and he had lasik done about a year ago...he had double vision..i'm not saying this is the reason he did it, but some people at my work were concerned for me...my doctor never mentioned double vision...he mentioned dry eyes and halos, etc...but it makes me nervous he didn't bring it up...can anyone tell me about double vision and if this is a serious concern.

Also, sorry for the length of this post but if i have it done tuesday, how long before i can drive again? it would be a 1/2 hour drive the next day for the post-op surgery and then work on thursday and friday
ssigs

Postby ssigs » Fri Jul 13, 2007 1:41 am

i'd also like to say that my doctor uses Intralase for his procedures and I hear that it creates less post op problems...is that true?
ssigs

Re: Scheduled for the 17th but heard a new side effect

Postby houstonman » Fri Jul 13, 2007 8:58 am

ssigs wrote:hi,

i'm scheduled for this upcoming tuesday and i was pretty excited until i heard a tragic story but i don't know how serious to take it....a girl at my work had a friend commit suicide recently and he had lasik done about a year ago...he had double vision..i'm not saying this is the reason he did it, but some people at my work were concerned for me...my doctor never mentioned double vision...he mentioned dry eyes and halos, etc...but it makes me nervous he didn't bring it up...can anyone tell me about double vision and if this is a serious concern.

Also, sorry for the length of this post but if i have it done tuesday, how long before i can drive again? it would be a 1/2 hour drive the next day for the post-op surgery and then work on thursday and friday

well you see right when the procedure is done cause they take you in a room soon after to make sure your vision is correct... but your true vision happens when you wake up in the morning! You will be fine baby girl
houstonman

Postby DryEye » Fri Jul 13, 2007 2:43 pm

Take your time with this, do your research and pick the best possible surgeon. The majority of people have no problems from what I have read, but if you fall into one of the unfortunate you want to make sure your mind has no regrets.
If you have no problems wearing your contacts and/or glasses then don't be in a rush to do it.
I don't see as well/the same as I did before and it can put a toll on you no matter who you are (some more than others) - it's your vision.
DryEye

Postby ssigs » Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:03 pm

thanks dry eye,

i've done all the research and i feel comfortable with the doctor i've chosen....i get it done tomorrow so here's to hoping all goes well
ssigs

Postby LasikExpert » Wed Jul 18, 2007 6:49 am

The fact is that all surgery carries risk. While the probability of a long-term problem caused by Lasik is relatively low, there are no guarantees. Perhaps if you consider how you would respond to the worst-case scenario you can better answer if Lasik is appropriate for you. If you would persevere in even the worst circumstance, then you have the right attitude for an elective surgery.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Return to Thinking About It