Will I still be able to do my art??

If you are thinking about having Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL eye surgery, this is the forum to research your concerns or ask your questions.

Will I still be able to do my art??

Postby Janesville » Tue Aug 01, 2006 7:46 pm

I'm thinking about getting monovision . . . the thing that concerns me most is whether I'll still be able to see close enough (with or without reading glasses) to do the close drawing work I do. Right now I'm quite myopic and need to take my glasses off in order to do some of the closest work. Assuming that the surgery is successful, will I still be able to do this type of work??? Does anyone have experience with this?
Janesville

Postby LasikExpert » Tue Aug 01, 2006 8:51 pm

Assuming that the monovision surgery is successful, you will have one eye that is myopic (nearsighted, shortsighted) that will be able to see objects near. You can have a set of near-vision glasses made to cause both eyes to be balanced with near-vision correction.

Before having monovision, try it with contact lenses for at least a month to decide if this really does work for you. For details, read about Monovision Surgery.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Return to Thinking About It