3 month follow up

Post your questions and start your research in this forum if more than three months ago you had any type of surgery to reduce the need for glasses and contacts.

3 month follow up

Postby bbarnard » Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:11 pm

Had my three month follow up in early June. It was actually about 4 months post op. All is good. 20/20 in the left, 20/25 in the right. Had one bout of serious dry eye once time in right eye but other wise I'm the poster child for Lasik. No serious dry eye, no halos, no starbursts. Really happy with the outcome.
bbarnard

Great---way to go.....

Postby Mr.UnPerfect » Sun Jul 15, 2007 3:31 am

Glad to hear someone report good news. What kinda laser did you go under ? and how was the flap cut ? blade or bladeless?
I had the Allegretto Wave Eye-Q Wavefront Optimized and doc used the ole blade. I think I'm doin okay , time will tell. I'm still getting used to blended vision. Bob
Mr.UnPerfect

Re: Great---way to go.....

Postby JPD » Sun Jul 15, 2007 10:06 pm

Mr.UnPerfect wrote:I had the Allegretto Wave Eye-Q Wavefront Optimized

That's a bit conflicting. The regular Allegretto is Wavefront Optimized, where as the Allegretto Eye Q is wavefront guided. Which laser did you get? That's cool if you got the Eye Q because it's not found in many places in the states.
JPD

optimized vs guided...........???

Postby Mr.UnPerfect » Mon Jul 16, 2007 12:53 am

I just looked up WaveLight's data. The Eye-Q is Optimized only difference is it's speed 400 bursts per sec. as opposed to 200. It is the fastest laser available. The Doc who shot me is the Global Ambassador for WaveLight. He is on the trials for the company. What I understand is- the Eye-Q can do Wavefront guided, however it is the software that is the difference, programming in other words. The patient has a wavefron scan then the data is inputted into the laser and da da ..wavefront guided. But the majority of patients (without HOA) do just as good with optimized. I am not an expert, just passing on what little info I know or should I say don't know...of course there are books written on this subject, and from what I have read even the doctors are confused with the difference standard vs optimized vs guided..... Bob
Mr.UnPerfect

Return to Had It A While Ago