My exam results: Any opinions?

If you are thinking about having Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL eye surgery, this is the forum to research your concerns or ask your questions.

My exam results: Any opinions?

Postby Britina » Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:34 pm

I went in for my pre-op exam on 7/24 and am scheduled for surgery on 8/24. I've wanted to have lasik ever since I first heard about it. Now that I can easily afford it I can't wait to have it done. The only thing I'm a bit confused/hesitant about is what surgery to go with. My doctor said that I would do just fine with the basic Lasik and if I wanted to gain 1 line of vision on the chart than I should go with wavefront.

I've done alot of research and feel that I'm fully informed but I'm just not sure what to choose. He said it's totally up to me which surgery I'd like to go with and I'm not sure.

My exam results:

Right eye: -6.25 .75 astigmatism and the corneas measure at: 515
Left eye: -5.75 .75 astigmatism and the corneas measured at: 517

My pupils are 6.5 undialated and 7.5 when dialated.

Any opinions about which surgery I should go with?

Oh and my tear break up is normal and my eyes are not at all dry.

Thank you so much!
Britina

my results

Postby nallarano » Wed Aug 15, 2007 3:24 am

my eyes were higher myop and about the same astig.si am 42 yo and my results were great-I had custom all laser done I can see great up close and great far away.living in wyoming dry eye was a problem at first.If you can afford the custom wavefront why not do it.
nallarano

Postby Britina » Wed Aug 15, 2007 5:08 am

I forgot to mention that I'm 24 years old with no other health problems.

If you can afford the custom wavefront why not do it.

I was wondering if there would be any real advantages to having Custom Wavefront rather than Lasik in my situation. The doctor didn't seem to think that there would be much of a difference but if I decided that I wanted to go with the Custom Wavefront than he would do it. He left it all up to me and I'm not totally sure which way to go.
Britina

Postby Britina » Thu Aug 16, 2007 11:50 pm

Any other comments? :oops:
Britina

Postby LasikExpert » Sat Aug 18, 2007 12:43 am

As a general rule, patients who have a wavefront-guided custom Lasikhave better outcomes with less induced aberrations than those with conventional ablation. If all other parameters are equal, it seems that wavefront-guided custom would be prudent.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Return to Thinking About It