My follow up appt.

Post your questions and start your research in this forum if more than three months ago you had any type of surgery to reduce the need for glasses and contacts.

My follow up appt.

Postby aspenice » Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:46 pm

Well, went yesterday to the doctor and I must say he is really hearing me out but I wanted to get some confirmation here. He did the Schrimer test and my results were a 13. He said that they like to see about 10 so I am good there but my eyes are just so dry and hurt. They feel like burning and itchy but since I have been applying a warm compress the blepharitis has been better. He wanted me to do this more as he really doesn't want me to use Restasis unecessarily. He did give me a script but said wait until next week. See, I am on a antibiotic and he wants to wait until this gets out of my system.

If I do use the restasis he said I am on this for at least 3 months to see if it helps. Ugh, I don't know if I should use it or not. It has been about 14 weeks since my lasik surgery. Well, then he put me behind the equipment (don't know what it is called) to check my vision and it was blurry but as soon as he overcorrected me I could see perfectly. I was so happy. He said he corrected me for my perscription but that I was overcorrected in my glasses and contacts before the surgery. He said if he overcorrected me then I would need reading glasses much sooner. But my answer is I would rather see like I did and need reading glasses sooner than see fuzzy as I am now.

So, I asked about a enhancement and he wants to wait for quite some time which is fine by me but I was happy with yesterday's appt. So, why being overcorrected can I see better and what are the pro's and con's to overcorrection in lasik surgery? He said he could put me in some glasses now but then why the hell did I get lasik in the first place to have glasses again?

Aspen

PS. JPD, I gave my email but took it down cause I really didn't want to leave it there. Did you get it?
aspenice

Re: My follow up appt.

Postby JPD » Sat Aug 18, 2007 4:34 pm

aspenice wrote:PS. JPD, I gave my email but took it down cause I really didn't want to leave it there. Did you get it?

I was just about to respond in regard to this. No, I was waiting until the weekend to respond with my list. I didn't write your email down. I was prepared to send you my list today or tomorrow. If you want to temporarily post it again, I will be sure to respond soon.
JPD

Postby aspenice » Sat Aug 18, 2007 5:34 pm

Thanks.
Last edited by aspenice on Sat Aug 18, 2007 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aspenice

Postby JPD » Sat Aug 18, 2007 9:44 pm

aspenice wrote:
Thanks.

You can delete your email address again if you want. I've got an email with your name on it. I will send it off by tonight. I think you'll be pleased with info.
Last edited by JPD on Sat Aug 18, 2007 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JPD

Postby aspenice » Sat Aug 18, 2007 9:49 pm

BIG Thanks JPD! :)
aspenice

Postby aspenice » Sun Aug 19, 2007 4:50 am

Would love some views from members.
aspenice

Postby aspenice » Sun Aug 19, 2007 5:18 am

Should I get temp glasses while I recover? Ugh, the thought of having glasses after lasik surgery.
aspenice

Return to Had It A While Ago