Restasis

Post your questions and start your research in this forum if more than three months ago you had any type of surgery to reduce the need for glasses and contacts.

Restasis

Postby aspenice » Mon Aug 20, 2007 2:36 pm

Can any of you who have been on restasis tell me about your healing on it? I got a presciption for it and don't know if I should use it or since my tear quantity seems good. I feel that I have moderate dry eyes. My doctor at the moment said I would have to be on it for a min. of 3 months. Seems like a very long time to me.
aspenice

Postby LasikExpert » Mon Aug 20, 2007 11:44 pm

Restasis is an anti-inflammatory. It helps by reducing inflammation around the channels through which the liquids that form tears flow to the eye. According to the manufacturer, Restasis takes about 90 days to become fully effective. Restasis is the only medication specifically approved by the FDA for the reduction of the underlying cause of dry eye.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Postby yawny » Thu Aug 23, 2007 4:56 am

My doctor put me on this, and it has helped a lot. I had moderate dry eye, which was made worse by the air system at work, and the drops have really helped. Also, I was on it before I had an enhancement to correct a lingering astigmatism, and I healed much faster the second time, and didn't have as much discomfort as the first time. I even sometimes forget to put drops of tears in during the day, and that was never like that before the restasis. Hope this helps you.
yawny

Return to Had It A While Ago