doubled vision

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

doubled vision

Postby GeneralPatientInquiry » Wed May 31, 2006 5:37 am

I am expreincing monocular diplopia in the left eye 5 weeks post-op. Is this sometimes normal? I did have some trouble with the contact lens bandage early on but the lesion did heal over nicely, according to the Dr. Is it most likely transient and will disappear in time?
Thanks
This post is a reprint of a previously requested inquiry received by USAEyes.org via email.
GeneralPatientInquiry

Postby LasikExpert » Wed May 31, 2006 5:38 am

Yes, this does make sense and I like that the doctor is not jumping in with medicine or surgery. Allowing the eye to heal is almost always the best course of action.

The haze can cause ghosting, and definitely the astigmatism. Being undercorrected is probably a good thing at this point. If in the future it is necessary to use Mitomycin C to resolve the haze or an enhancement surgery to resolve the astigmatism and undercorrection, you have extra tissue in reserve.

I suggest you take 500mg of vitamin C twice a day and wear 100% UV protection sunglasses when you even think of going near the sun. At least one study has shown the vitamin C to reduce corneal hazing after PRK. Now is your opportunity to purchase a pair of those really cool sun glasses that you have always wanted. You have a very legitimate excuse. 8^)

Glenn
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Return to Just Had It