Tiny Eyelid Bumps

Post your questions and start your research in this forum if more than three months ago you had any type of surgery to reduce the need for glasses and contacts.

Tiny Eyelid Bumps

Postby DryEye » Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:16 pm

Eyelid bumps that go away by rubbing them with a QTip in hot water

Do these little bumps indicate that my lids are clogging up at times?

I am only using artificial preservative free TheraTears, so no gooey stuff that would clog the little pores
I do notice that they come about if I don’t keep my eyes moist from time to time

Would any type of dry eye therapy benefit these – warm compresses religiously twice a day?
TheraTears sells a SteriLid product, which I may try using.

I also think that in some cases dry eye from lasik takes 12-36 months for the eyes to get back to normal or better!
In my case, I still use the Tears during computer usage, but not that much when I am out and about

A far cry from the first 3-6 months

Thanks!
DryEye

Postby LasikExpert » Thu Jun 28, 2007 11:42 pm

Bumps under an eyelid are usually a sty or a cyst. A sty is an abscess of an eyelid oil gland. A cyst is an enlargement of the tissue and can be from a sweat gland, enlargement on the eyelid skin, or a build-up of tissue and keratin (a protein). Eyelid bumps can also be a virus infection or warts, although these are less likely to go away with pressure.

This is something a competent eye doctor can diagnose with an examination.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Postby DryEye » Thu Jun 28, 2007 11:48 pm

I spoke with my eye doc and there wasn't any mention of what you list. He wasn't concerned, but did mention warm compresses or the QTip.
He had a name for them, but I forget it.
They go away almost immediately when using a warm QTip on them and gently rubbing them.
Are those little plugs in each top eyelid the ones that Restasis helps in keeping open?
DryEye

Postby arya6000 » Thu Aug 23, 2007 5:23 pm

I have the same problem with my left eyelid, I did hot/warm compresses 4 times a day for 2 weeks but it is recommended to do it for 8 weeks everyday. After doing it for 2 weeks I don't get them AS much anymore, rubbing the eye lid softly might help, like trying to pushing out the oil from the eyelid. Also try to have 3 Fish oil pills everyday. I have heard they help with dry eye and it did help me a bid too.
arya6000

Postby DryEye » Fri Oct 12, 2007 12:45 am

Are the upper eyelid bubbles associated/known as the Meibomian Glands (it came up on this sites search engine under definitions)?
If so, is this what Restasis targets to keep clear and open?
I never had them do this prior to lasik?
They go away by gently rubbing them with a warm QTip.
Warm wash cloth compresses are supposed to help?
Does Flaxseed help?
What is the theory behind flaxseed oil?
I started taking it along with omega 3 in a different capsule/formula http://www.procapslabs.com/PCL/Pages/Pr ... mega-3-New. I have noticed a difference the past few weeks, but not sure if that is the reason. Maybe though considering nothing else has changed except for using less tears - could be just time (14 months post op)
Will they ever get back to normal and is this a condition of dry eye?
DryEye

Return to Had It A While Ago