Need help with PINK EYE...aka.....conjunctivitis

Post your questions and start your research in this forum if more than three months ago you had any type of surgery to reduce the need for glasses and contacts.

Need help with PINK EYE...aka.....conjunctivitis

Postby Mr.UnPerfect » Fri Aug 24, 2007 7:10 pm

Woke up, got outta bed, dragged a comb across my head, looked into the mirror to see if I had gotten better looking overnight (Did not).
And there it was, my one eye was RED. I thought, okay, it will go away and it did NOT. It was there all day and to the next with slight improvement. I read about bacterial and viral eye infections CONJUNCTIVITIS.....and I started thinking...."Now Im in trouble" In the past I think my glasses protected my eyes from airborne contaminants flying into the eye. Now with no eye "guard/shield", Dust in the house, air conditioner debris flying out of the car vents, picking up dog poop in the yard, dirt particles flying into the eye when doing yard work. Look at me Ma! I can do all kinds of stuff without glasses. No wonder I got an eye infection. Plus putting all those eye drops in touching the eye area, and you know us guys don't always wash our hands, like a wimp. I can't picture John Wayne out on the range washing his hands after coming from behind the bush. Oh yeah that's right he didn't just get Lasik, scratch that last point. I better start cleaning them ole wimpy hands more and maybe puttin some goggles back on, under certain conditions.
Back to the red eye. I remembered I had some left over Zymar (anti bacterial) so I read the sheet, and I figured why not put a few drops in. I came to sanity and called the doctor and he said "probably some dry eye", and asked if it was crusting or draining and I said NO, and he said since I started to do the drops(without calling ) go ahead and take the medication for 4 days. It seems to be improving. But now, every time I see the cute little dog I picture a pet dander-bug- laden monster and when the air conditioner turns on I can picture all the bacteria and viruses shooting out. Exaggeration-but true. I am sure glad GOD put some natural defense mechanisims into the eye, but apparently it is not suffucient of else Pink eye would not occur. If it happens again I cannot continue to use the anti bacterial drops, because of the side effects. Bacterial resistance, the paper that comes with the meds has a foot long sheet with Warnings.......SO does any one have alternatives for Pink eye treatment.

Bobby

Faith without works is "an eye infection"
Mr.UnPerfect

where does all the gunk go.........

Postby Mr.UnPerfect » Sat Aug 25, 2007 4:20 am

I just realized that all the crap (dirt) I used to clean off my glass in now going into my eyes.......duh! ==== Pinkeye
Not trying to freak any one out, just saying that the glasses did serve a purpose over the years of protecting the eyes. That is probably why I never had dry eye, the eyes were protected from fans, vents, wind blowing etc..

"Watch what you ask for, you just may get it!"
Mr.UnPerfect

Postby rayvendawn » Sat Sep 01, 2007 3:26 am

Oddly enough I haven't had pink eye as often as I had it before, I don't know if it is because I am more careful with my eyes now or not lol. I think it might have been because I wore contacts which meant I had to frequently touch my eyes.
rayvendawn

Return to Had It A While Ago