My Experience

Post your questions and start your research in this forum if more than three months ago you had any type of surgery to reduce the need for glasses and contacts.

My Experience

Postby Vickie777 » Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:58 pm

I began to research Lasik surgery because of a recent onset of migraine headaches. I had never had this problem until last year. It was a puzzlement as to what might have triggered these painful episodes. In discussing this with my physician, she indicated that the unusual refractive error difference between my eyes and the resulting strain just might be the trigger. You can see my prescription in my earlier post of 6/21 on the “Thinking About It” thread. I tried mono-vision contact lenses and really liked the concept and the vision, when they were not rotating out of position. This and the fact that they began quickly to trigger dry eyes sent me looking for a permanent solution. I discussed Lasik with my eye doctor as well as my physician and they both agreed that I should look into it.

I went for 2 consultations and both pronounced me a GREAT candidate as I was blessed with very thick corneas. I researched my options on the internet and found this site. I was advised to discuss PRK or LASEK because of the dry eyes with contacts, which I did. The decision was made for Lasik and my surgery was set for 7/12/07. I was very excited and nervous too. I asked everyone I could find who had had the surgery all kinds of questions and all of them said, “go for it, you will never be sorry!”.

Surgery went very well, and before my drive home (3 hours) ended, the stinging (which was very slight anyway) had stopped. I went to bed and slept very well. Waking in the morning to have equal vision in both eyes is still to this day a great joy! My vision tested at OD 20/20 and OS 20/30. By 2 weeks I was 20/20 OU with only a small bit of over correction and residual astigmatism. My dry eye symptoms have been so minimal that my doctor has to keep reminding me to use the drops!

I am now almost 6 weeks post op and am THRILLED!! No more migraines!!! I have chosen to have my old trifocals remade to include reading glasses for computer and normal reading distances, with virtually plano for distance. I love being able to drive without my glasses and cannot express how pleased I am with the results of my surgery!

Thank you for the advice and for allowing me to share my story.

Vickie
Vickie777

Postby Remander » Mon Sep 03, 2007 7:52 am

I am now almost 6 weeks post op and am THRILLED!!

Cool! I am very happy for your good results. Enjoy!
Remander

Return to Had It A While Ago