My 3 month follow-up

Post your questions and start your research in this forum if more than three months ago you had any type of surgery to reduce the need for glasses and contacts.

My 3 month follow-up

Postby quasi100 » Tue Sep 04, 2007 2:41 am

Well, I just had my 3 month follow-up after having Lasik CustonVue with Intralase. So far, I couldn't be happier with the results. I actually went from being EXTREMELY near sighted to being slightly far sighted...yes, I was slightly over-corrected. Here are my results:

Pre op: I could only count fingers (-7.50 and -7.75)
1 day after: 20/25 and 20/30
1 week after: 20/25 and 20/40
1 month after: 20/30 and 20/30
3 months after: 20/25 and 20/30 (+0.25 and +0.50)

My doc wants me to return after my 6 month mark for another evaluation. He was being honest with me though...he said that if my eyes stay at their current prescription, he's going to not recommend an enhancement....and I agreed with him. He said the risk of doing an enhancement to try to clear up a +0.25 and +0.50 is too great.

Like I said, I'm very happy with my results and wish I would have done this sooner (I'm 38 and it's the best $3,000 that I ever spent). Oh yeah, the only side effects that I had were a mild case of dry eye. I'm still using Refresh Tears about 4 times a day. I had absolutely no halos, starbursts, ghosts, ect...I was very fortunate.
quasi100

Postby Remander » Sun Sep 09, 2007 3:56 am

Congrats on good results!

With regard to enhancements, I was about -.75 in each eye after the first Lasik. Many would be delighted with that.

Had the enhancement (5 seconds or so of zap in each eye) at Doc's suggestion, and it made a WORLD of difference for me.

It was the difference in "it's ok, I guess" to "fantastic!" for me.

There are risks and rewards that must be balanced for each person, but the reward for me has been great so far.

Sounds like you are closer to perfect than I was, so you may be good to go. I post my experience in case others are considering an enhancement.

Here is my whole story: http://www.usaeyes.org/ask-lasik-expert ... .php?t=820
Remander

Quasi - reason for over correction?

Postby Marky Mark » Wed Sep 12, 2007 2:18 am

I posted my question elsewhere, then saw yours....

My situation is almost exactly the same as yours, (-7.75 & -8.0), with same results - except I was + 75 and +1.25 day after surgery.

3 Month visit was today = both eyes now 1.25.
Scheduled for 6 weeks out, then enhance after that if no further change.

My question: Did they intentionally over-correct you, expecting it to regress? Or did they shoot for spot-on correction and your eyes "just adjusted too far"? Or did they just miss the target accidentally?

Thank you
Mark
Marky Mark

Postby quasi100 » Mon Sep 17, 2007 1:06 am

Marky Mark

Sorry it's been a while to respond. I went out of town and didn't have access to the internet.

With regards to being over-corrected...I brought up that subject to my doctor prior to the operation. He told me then...and he still tells me now, that his goal was to get me to plano...not to over-correct me because of possible regression. He believes that my +0.25 and +0.50 is due to a slight astigmatism that was left behind.
quasi100

Postby LasikExpert » Mon Sep 17, 2007 3:59 pm

A refraction can differentiate between sphere (hyperopia in your case) and astigmatism.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Return to Had It A While Ago