Enhancements

If you are thinking about having Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL eye surgery, this is the forum to research your concerns or ask your questions.

Enhancements

Postby ciara1126 » Mon Aug 14, 2006 6:57 am

Im heading in for lasik next week, there are various packages that are offer im trying to figure out which to go for. My perscription is -2.75 & -2.00 the first plan that is offered covers 3 mths of enhancements, the second a year of enhancements, and the third a lifetime. The price goes up considerably with each of these. Im wondering if it will be worth it to go for an enhancement package or to just go with the basic. Do people usually need enhancements? if so how soon after surgery do they need them? If anyone could help me out that would be greatly appreciated.
ciara1126

Postby marion » Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:53 pm

I didn't think you were supposed to have an enhancement at less than 3 months so that first package sounds worthless.

I'd weigh the cost of paying for lasik a second time if you turn out to be someone who needs an enhancement vs. the cost of the package deal that covers them. I though most places automatically covered enhancments for the first year. After that, it varies.
marion

Postby LasikExpert » Mon Aug 14, 2006 5:46 pm

In my opinion you should consider another facility althogether. You also should re-evaluate your own opinion regarding Lasik. You are considering micro surgery on your eyes that does carry an element of risk. Do you really want to go to the lowest bidder who wants to up-sale you what should be included anyway?

Lasik is not a 20-Minute Miracle but is more often a six-month process. During that time you need a team of providers who will do what is necessary to assure you a satisfactory result without questioning if you paid the "whiz-bank-turttle's-lifetime-extended-warranty-gold-plan" or constantly asking you to pay for needed care that relates to the original surgery.

I recommend that you visit at least two other facilities, including an independent surgeon and possibly one affiliated with a teaching university and compare the quality of the surgeon, not the "deal of the century".
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Return to Thinking About It