Custom Vue Lasek?

If you are thinking about having Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL eye surgery, this is the forum to research your concerns or ask your questions.

Custom Vue Lasek?

Postby livelikeriley » Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:04 pm

I just back from my consultation and am going in for a full workup/scheduling of my surgery tomorrow. I have yet to decide if I want customvue or not...I understand it academically, but when I was in the office it seemed more like an "upsell" rather than something that would really do me much difference - I was told that vision with just lasek is like regular TV and that custom vue is like "HD TV vision"...sounds like a bunch of bull to me, regardless of what it can do. It's an extra $1000 - what do you guys think? The money is sort of a problem, but hey, it's my eyes, I only have two, so I will spend it if necessary...and if the doctor would have come across that way - that it was the best for MY eyes, I would be fine, but it really just felt like an add on...? Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Mark.
livelikeriley

Postby LasikExpert » Tue Sep 11, 2007 2:56 am

A detailed wavefront diagnostic analysis can help determine if you would benefit greatly from wavefront-guided custom laser eye surgery. As a general rule, people who have wavefront-guided surgery have better outcomes than those who have conventional laser ablation, however custom is not appropriate for everyone in every situation.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Return to Thinking About It