Custom PRK--7 months post-op

Post your questions and start your research in this forum if more than three months ago you had any type of surgery to reduce the need for glasses and contacts.

Custom PRK--7 months post-op

Postby ssmarsh8 » Mon Sep 03, 2007 7:24 pm

Hello--

I had custom PRK on 1/25/07 to correct mild myopia (-2.0) in both eyes. My recovery seemed quite typical-- pain directly after surgery, and then severe ghosting/halos that gradually improved until disappearing after about 10 weeks. Since then, I have enjoyed crisp vision in the 20/10 to 20/15 range. Hurray! The only side effects that seem to persist are dryer eyes than I had before surgery, and frequent floaters that have perhaps lessened somewhat (I had never experienced floaters pre-surgery).

However, in the last week or so, I have been experiencing slightly blurred vision. I have noticed over the past 7 months that I am prone to slightly blurred vision at the end of a day (maybe because I look at a computer all day). But the past week has been consistent with very severe halos at night, ghosting, and general blurring that worsens with longer distances.

Based on what I've read, my eyes should be completely healed and not fluctuating, particularly considering that they have been "perfect" for nearly 5 months now. Can great results regress permanently? Are my eyes dryer than I think, and should that still be an issue 7 months out? Or perhaps this has nothing to do with surgery but a different health issue (i.e. blood sugar). Your thoughts are appreciated. This forum was a great help to me during the surgery process.

Sarah
ssmarsh8

Postby ssmarsh8 » Wed Sep 12, 2007 3:04 am

bump :roll:
ssmarsh8

Postby LasikExpert » Wed Sep 12, 2007 4:43 am

Do you happen to be getting close to 40 years of age? You symptoms could be early presbyopia.

Dry eye is quite likely a contributor. Those of us who work at computers all day tend not to blink enough. Seasonal allergens in the air could contribute. Many over-the-counter and prescriptions can cause dry eyes. It may be time to break out the preservative-free artificial tears and have a checkup with your doctor.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Return to Had It A While Ago