Post OP simulate Glasses Vision or Contact Vision

If you are thinking about having Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL eye surgery, this is the forum to research your concerns or ask your questions.

Post OP simulate Glasses Vision or Contact Vision

Postby KC » Tue Aug 15, 2006 3:11 pm

I feel I have very different vision via glasses vs contacts. Glasses being the better quality vision. With contacts I have difficulty with reading and have used reading glasses in the past. With glasses, I do not need bifocals. For the past 4 years I have strictly been using glasses. Just recently tried contacts again. Dr. had suggested in past difficulty with contacts was due to lack of oxygen/moisture to eye. Since there have been new contact technology released, tried again. Same result basically. Have been to three laser centers for preop exam. My major concern is will the post surgery results be like my vision through glasses or contacts? Monovision isn't really for me right now. I have tried contacts simulating monovision and didn't care for it. Basically, I was told it would be like buying a clothing outfit that I would grow in to. I am 40 yrs old and RX is -5.00 in both eyes. I have even tried wearing -4.75 contacts to help with reading. I do office work and reading is big part of my day.

Sorry this is so long and scattered. Any advice would be very much appreciated.
KC

Postby LasikExpert » Tue Aug 15, 2006 6:30 pm

You post is neither long nor scattered. Your concerns are justified by the situation you face.

Your vision after Lasik would most probably be like your vision with contact lenses, not your vision with glasses. You would get the full effect of presbyopia. You should read our article on Sudden Presbyopia after Lasik for details.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Return to Thinking About It