AK- a touch up

Post your questions and start your research in this forum if more than three months ago you had any type of surgery to reduce the need for glasses and contacts.

AK- a touch up

Postby tiggy » Sat Sep 08, 2007 1:28 pm

HI Glenn, I have a question about AK. I had PRK in January. My doc (Koch) suggested AK to deal with the 1.25 residual astigmastism on my right eye.
I also need to mention that this eye is also now slightly farsighted.

1) What is the success rate? The doc mentioned that in his experience AK in those with farsightedness yielded more variable results than otherwise.

2) I am one day post op and can see a white cresent at the top margin of my cornea where he made one of the the insicions. Is this normal? I don't see the lower one. I also feel my eye lid rub over the top one. It is very irritating and I have a tight eye lid on that eye.

Thanks for your input. I was not one of those people who jump off the table and have improved vision after AK:( but, I am still hoping for the best out come in 5-7 days.

Tigs
tiggy

spoke with on call doc

Postby tiggy » Sat Sep 08, 2007 6:01 pm

She feels confident the white cresent near the incision site it normal healing. Told me to keep a what for any change.

Vision in that eye is improving slightly compared to immediately after surgery. I am conerend how ever on ending up with a drier eyes since there were cuts made to the cornea. The whole reason I did PRK was due to the drier eyes of a 40 something female.

Glenn- any comments?

Best-
Tigs
tiggy

no glasses restriction on my driver's licence!

Postby tiggy » Mon Sep 17, 2007 4:41 pm

I guess I'll keep replying to my own posts ;P lol :lol:

It's been over 2 weeks since my AK proceedure.

I went from a 1.25 astigmatism to .5 in my right eye. This eye also has .25 PRK induced farsightedness.

My original astigmatism in this eye was 3 to 3.25 depending on who had refracted it over the years.

I am very pleased with the results! I can now see well vs. see well for where I was.

:) Yeah!

I must admit I was nervous taking the DPS eye test but, it was a piece of cake and I got them all correct!!!!

tigs
tiggy

Postby LasikExpert » Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:12 pm

Thanks for keeping us updated!
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin