Monovision Correction?

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

Postby yawny » Sun Sep 09, 2007 7:30 am

Restasis is a prescription drug that is used to improve the quality and quantity of your tears and help with the dryness issues. It also helps decrease imflammation. It takes about 2 to 3 weeks on it before you start to notice a difference. This is something that your eye doctor can order if he thinks it is necessary. It is kind of expensive, but most insurances will pay for it, so then it is not so bad. I think the fact that I was on it helped me with the healing faster the second time. It does help to be off the prescription pred forte etc, and helps with not having so much blurring. I was only on this about 10 days both times, after the surgery.
yawny

Postby jessicar » Sun Sep 09, 2007 10:51 am

I just read on Restasis, I was prescribed only Zymar and Pred Forte, today is the last day I will use the drops. I've also been using Refresh Plus eye drops. Well I'll wait to see what happens once I'm off the drops.
jessicar

Postby DCGirl » Thu Sep 20, 2007 4:42 pm

I had monovision LASIK 5 weeks ago. My closeup vision is excellent, even better than before surgery. My distance vision is still fluctuating, but seems to be improving and stabilizing over time. Other than dry eye, I'm pretty satisfied now (although I was pretty unhappy for the first 3 weeks).

One point of interest: there may be a gender difference in ability to adjust to monovision. Because the two hemispheres of the female brain are fused, it's relatively easy for women to integrate the images received by each eye. But since the hemispheres of the male brain are separated, it's harder for men to adjust. This is just a theory, but I bet it's right.
DCGirl

Postby jessicar » Fri Sep 21, 2007 6:48 am

Thanks for your post.
It's almost 4wks since I had it. Yes, my vision has improved some. I can see better than I did last week. I have a question: does your vision seem a bit blurry when you are focused on something either close or at a distance then look away? I'm noticing that if I'm on the computer or talking to someone wheather 2 ft or 10 feet then look away I see blurry.

So far I haven't not expierenced any dry eyes, I'm off the meds other than the night time gel and daily lubricant. What does dry feel like?
jessicar

Postby DCGirl » Fri Sep 21, 2007 2:16 pm

Jessicar:
My near vision is not blurry at all, and it doesn't change when I look away. But my far vision fluctuates from day to day and hour to hour.
You are so lucky not to have dry eyes! It feels...dry, like when you had your contact lenses in for too long.
I believe we are going to be glad we had LASIK. After all, our eyes have been traumatized by surgery, and it takes them a while to heal and adjust. Good luck to all.
DCGirl

Postby yawny » Sat Sep 22, 2007 7:18 am

I would say that after looking at the computer a long time and then glancing away that things are often a little blurry, but it clears soon. This is an accomodation issue though, and has to do with age also, as well as the monovision. Dry eye causes a tired feeling in your eyes, or sometimes a grainy feeling like sand in your eye. Also, your vision might not be as crisp, if your eyes are dry..
yawny

My progress on monovision correction

Postby jessicar » Mon Sep 24, 2007 5:54 am

Well it will be 30 days on the 25th since I've had the monovision correction. I was really fearful that I was not going to be able to see clear ever again but like most of you said as well as the nurses "just be patient". I can see better than a few weeks ago. Some things I still see blurry especially mid afternoon, mostly everything is blurry but not as bad as it had been. At night I'm seeing the big and huge letters on the on the signs now. The only other thing is that when I'm focused on something or someone and I look away I see blurry but if I concentrate and focus I see a bit better. Also sometimes my eyes feel as if I have something in them and I seem to be losing my eyelashes. Anyone expierence this? I pray it does get better and better. Thank goodness for this website & support forum and YOU all who gave me feedback. Thank you ALL and I hope the same for you all who are having problems.
jessicar

Postby TestType » Mon Sep 24, 2007 1:21 pm

So glad to hear things are starting to look up for you jessicar, I hope things will only get better from now. Hope to hear from you again regarding your healing.
TestType

My month visit after MonoVision Correction

Postby jessicar » Tue Oct 02, 2007 5:57 am

Hi All,

I went for my 1 month post op, the doctor tells me I'm at 20/20! I told her that I at times I still a bit blurry and still have the halo & starburst problem, she said that would slowly go away. I don't have any type of pain or discomfort, sometimes itching and a little bit of dryness mainly on the right eye. So far it all looks good. I was really so down so fearful that I the blurriness was not going to go away because for the first few weeks I saw very blurry but now I can see better. Thank you all for your encouragement, for your replies and for sharing your expierences with me. The best of luck to all of you.
jessicar

Postby LasikExpert » Tue Oct 02, 2007 3:41 pm

Congratulations on your continued recovery. It is important to remember that Lasik is often more of a six month process than a 20-Minute Miracle.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

problems again

Postby jessicar » Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:38 am

Well I went from very blurry and hazy to 20/20 which lasted 3 weeks to seeing blurry and hazy again. All of a sudden I got the blurriness again, especially in the mornings. I've been back to the lasik institute about 4 times since then, I was given a contact for the left eye (mono-vision eye) and I can see a bit better however I can't see close up. The doctor is willing to do the enhancement but did tell me she can't promise clearer vison than what I have now. So back to the drawing board for me. It's been six months now and I still wonder if I should give it another six and continue for the eyes to heal. But the clear vision was awesome for those three weeks.
jessicar

For Glen

Postby jessicar » Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:51 am

Hi Glen,

I had an Enhancement one week ago today on my left eye. A contact was placed and removed 24 hours later. The next day I could see alot better than I had in 11 months, come Sunday I began seeing blurry. as the days past it seems to be getting worse. I use the Zymar and the Omnipred every 4 hours as prescribed and the Systane every hour. I do not have any pain or discomfort. I was told by the Surgeon that a "bad cell" I think he said it's called "Lenthinal", not sure if I'm spelling correctly, he said that that bad cell stayed under the flap but that IT was not in the Periphial Vision Area therefore he was not going to be concerned. Could you tell me what might have happened?

Jessica
jessicar

Postby LasikExpert » Fri Aug 01, 2008 7:11 am

Your doctor may have said "epithelial", which is the cell that comprises the epithelium, which is the soft pliable outer layer of the cornea. These cells can get underneath the Lasik flap during surgery. This is called epithelial ingrowth.

Your current vision problems are more likely due to the healing response of surgery. Your doctor will monitor the epithelial ingowth to be certain it does not cause long-term problems.

If you experience sudden significant loss of vision clarity or pain, be sure to contact your surgeon immediately as these may be a sign of other issues that may need a quick change in your treatment plan.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Enchancement

Postby jessicar » Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:08 am

Thanks Glenn,

I do hope it does get better soon. Just wish that the Lasik had gone perfect.

I can see close up well however distance is blurry, the bigger letters or words look double and everything else so blurry but I understand I'm still healing.

I will read more on the cell growth, I do believe the one you mentioned is what the surgeon said.

Again thanks much.
jessicar

Previous

Return to Just Had It