Vision getting worse

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

Vision getting worse

Postby mbutler123 » Wed Aug 16, 2006 10:59 am

I had LASIK 6 days ago, on the following days check up I could read the bottom line of the eye chart (better than 20/20).

However since then my right eye has become blurred with close up images seeming hazey. I am now starting to get eye strain from having to work hard to focus. Far vision in the right eye is not as sharp as the other eye.

Is this part of the healing or should I be concerned. I visit the opticians again in 2 days
mbutler123

Re: Vision getting worse

Postby Homebru » Wed Aug 16, 2006 2:41 pm

I had similar results: 20/20 first day, then blurry each following day. Let me give you some hope. My vision improved slightly yesterday (day 6).

I have also noticed that when I first wake up in the morning my vision is 20/20 - 20/15 (I put up a Snelling Chart). It doesn't take long for it to go back to 20/40, but it does give me hope.

The Dr. said I still have swelling and to expect fluctuation for the first two weeks.

Today is the last day of pred-forte drops, so I wonder if cessation will help or hurt my vision?

Chris
Homebru

I hope so!!

Postby mbutler123 » Wed Aug 16, 2006 3:17 pm

Thanks,

I wish they told me that the vision may degrade this much in the short term!!
mbutler123

Postby sdfson » Wed Aug 16, 2006 9:37 pm

My doctor related it to a roller coster ride. Up and Down. The longer the healing goes on, the less bumpy the ride will be.
sdfson

Return to Just Had It