My friend is afraid of the physical damage upon the eye!

If you are thinking about having Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL eye surgery, this is the forum to research your concerns or ask your questions.

My friend is afraid of the physical damage upon the eye!

Postby Lenny » Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:17 am

My friend has very bright and rich brown eyes...they glint all the time (thankfully), but she is afraid that if she gets the surgery, she will look bland and no longer have twinkly eyes like she used to? This may sound stupid, but she really likes her eyes, it's a strong family gene, but will ANYTHING visible change? I don't know WHY her eyes twinkle like they do, they're just really bright in the white area and they brown just reflects everything and anything. it's as if there's a glass around her eye....but her vision is bad, so, any takes?

thanks all
Lenny

Postby LasikExpert » Thu Sep 20, 2007 4:32 pm

I'm not sure if there is a scientific explanation for eye twinkling, but it would undoubtedly be affected by a change in the shape of the cornea's reflective surface and dry eyes. The purpose of vision correcting laser eye surgery is to reshape the cornea. Dry eyes are a relatively common temporary complication from Lasik, but normally resolves within the six month healing period.

I don't think anyone can guarantee that there won't be a change, but it is going to be very difficult to predict.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Postby Lenny » Sat Sep 29, 2007 3:42 am

LasikExpert wrote:I'm not sure if there is a scientific explanation for eye twinkling, but it would undoubtedly be affected by a change in the shape of the cornea's reflective surface and dry eyes. The purpose of vision correcting laser eye surgery is to reshape the cornea. Dry eyes are a relatively common temporary complication from Lasik, but normally resolves within the six month healing period.

I don't think anyone can guarantee that there won't be a change, but it is going to be very difficult to predict.

Well just out of curiosity, do your eyes change in ANY way that's visible to others?
Lenny

Postby LasikExpert » Mon Oct 01, 2007 4:50 pm

The change in the cornea is normally not visable after a few days to weeks.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Return to Thinking About It