Thank you

If you are thinking about having Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL eye surgery, this is the forum to research your concerns or ask your questions.

Thank you

Postby hermit » Thu Aug 17, 2006 12:08 am

Hi Glenn,

I had some correspondence with you a few weeks regarding LASEK vs LASIK ("Thinking about it board - Topic: LASIK - Corneal Flap & Flying).

I decided to take your advice and go ahead with LASEK as I intend to persue a career in the police force. I am 3 weeks post-op. All I can say is amazing altogether. The surgery itself while being nervous beforehand went without hitch and I did not find it in the least bit uncomfortable at all.

I couldn;t really say wat my vision was like on the night after surgery as I pretty much went straight to bed. My eyes where, however super sensitive to light. My eye began to feel a little bit sore but nothing major at all. I took the pain relief drops and that was the pain gone. Took two sleeping and slept through the night.

The next morning my left eye was quite clear but my right was a bit blury. I found it difficult to open my eyes and some grittyness but no pain. I went to the clinic for my post op appointment. Surgeon was happy with results so far and couldn't believe I didn;t feel any pain. He tested my eyes and I was one mistake away from 20/20 vision. I was told that my vision would get progessively worse over the coming days until I got the bandage lens removed due to a build up of protein behind the lens.

As the days went bu my right eye got more blurry. My left stayed quite clear howver it seemed a bit hazy. I had some gritty feeling but no pain. 5 days post op I had lens removed and surgeon showd me the build up of protein on them. I didnt notice any great change in my vision but surgeon said it will improve each day as time goes on

Now, 3 weeks post op my vision is crystal clear. No dry eye, no blurry/hazy vision and no depth perception or low lighting problems. The only thing that remains is starbursting and halos at night. I dont feel 100% confident to drive at night just yet but in the last week I have noticed some improvement in the halo/starbrusting so I expect night time driving wont be too long away again.

I know its only a short time post op but so far I am delighted with the results.

Anyway, I wish to thank you for the important advice you gave me pre op and indeed for all the advice put together on these boards and the website. For anyone thinking of laser surgery you have certainly provided a valuable asset and resource of information. Keep up the good work.

I will report back again with some updates.

Once again thamk you very much
hermit

Postby LasikExpert » Thu Aug 17, 2006 2:31 am

Thank you for your very kind words.

I am delighted that you found the information provided here helpful and that you have received an excellent result from LASEK. Please tell your friends to use us for their research too.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Return to Thinking About It