Allegretto OR VisX ??

If you are thinking about having Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL eye surgery, this is the forum to research your concerns or ask your questions.

Allegretto OR VisX ??

Postby tedued » Fri Aug 18, 2006 5:01 am

This are my eyes condition.

Right eye
vision -6.75/-2.75*180
Pupil: 8.0mm
Cornea Size 12.5
Cornea depth 542um
Cornea Angle K1 40.75 K2 43.25

Left eye
vision -7.25/-2.25*160
Pupil: 7.5mm
Cornea Size 12.5
Cornea depth 535um
Cornea Angle K1 41.00 K2 44.25

I want to have Lasik. But my eyes condition are not good. Please tell me which laser machine is good for me. And what kind surgery is good for me.
I have to apologize for the wrong words and the wrong grammar. I come from Taiwan. I do not speak English.

thank you very much
tedued

Postby LasikExpert » Fri Aug 18, 2006 8:41 am

It is not appropriate for me to tell you if you have surgery or what laser to use if you decide to have surgery. Only after a comprehensive examination by a competent doctor can any recommendation about surgery be reliable. I will, however, remark on areas of concern and techniques for you to research.

Your myopia (nearsighted, shortsighted) vision is moderately high. Your astigmatism is high. Your pupils are very large. This combination is not good for Lasik or similar refractive surgery. I recommend that you read about Lasik and Pupil Size, Lasik and Astigmatism Correction, and Common Refractive Surgery Techniques.

In addition to Lasik, you probably should research are Refractive Lens Exchange, Phakic Intraocular Lens, and LASEK.

Our information is about techniques and technology available in the United States.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Return to Thinking About It