Anyone have trouble with bloodshot eyes post lasik?

Post your questions and start your research in this forum if more than three months ago you had any type of surgery to reduce the need for glasses and contacts.

Anyone have trouble with bloodshot eyes post lasik?

Postby Virginia » Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:28 pm

I have my first lasik the end of January. My enhancement was May 1. I have one eye (my worse eye) that is very bloodshot in the inner part of my eye. You can see the vessels and I look tired all the time. My doctor put me on restasis 5 wks ago to see if I needed more moisture. It has not helped the redness. Can they break vessels during this procedure? Will it ever clear up? What about steroid therapy? I know I do not have an infection either. Any help would be appreciated!!
Virginia

Postby LasikExpert » Mon Oct 22, 2007 6:08 pm

Enlarged blood vessels in the white part of the eye is commonly due to irritation. Your doctor's assumption that the problem relates to dry eye is probably accurate. When the irritation is removed, the blood vessels constrict and are no longer so visible. These will likely go away.

Restasis treats dry eye by reducing inflammation that may be sqeezing the tiny channels that carry the tear fluids to the eye. The manufacturer states that Restasis does not become fully effective until after three months of use. You may get relief prior to three months, however if the cause of the problem is not inflammation Restasis may not provide the needed relief.

We have detailed articles about Lasik dry eye and dry eye treatment that you may find helpful.

6-23273NCA
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Return to Had It A While Ago