8 months postop checkup

Post your questions and start your research in this forum if more than three months ago you had any type of surgery to reduce the need for glasses and contacts.

8 months postop checkup

Postby rayvendawn » Thu Jul 12, 2007 4:26 am

First off I had custom wavefront intralasik 8 months ago and I got a pair of prescription glasses with prism in them and the prescription was like 1.25. After a few months I could no longer see out of the glasses so today I went in to have my eyes checked again at another doctor's office.
He told me that he found no need for prisms and that one eye is now farsighted and the other is nearsighted the prescription was like .50 and .75 I'm not really good at prescrptions. I am not sure what to think about this, I know I could go back for an enhancement for free but is it really worth it?
I don't know if I should go back to my doctor that did my surgery and talk with him about this or just leave it be.
rayvendawn

Postby LasikExpert » Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:08 pm

You should go back to your surgeon to be re-examined and discuss the findings of the second doctor. Gather all the information you can. You can always decide later, but you will at least know your options.

Congrats on no longer needing the prisms.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Return to Had It A While Ago