After 8 months of trying to figure out which procedure ...

If you are thinking about having Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL eye surgery, this is the forum to research your concerns or ask your questions.

After 8 months of trying to figure out which procedure ...

Postby houstonman » Thu Nov 15, 2007 10:45 am

Tomorrow I will be undergoing PRK. I will be having it done by the best Dr in the southern region. I really can NOT wait to have this done! I was suppose to have it done 5 months ago but it would of been lasik with a dr not as great as the one im going to see tomorrow. I have been wanting intralasik forever till just about a month ago. I realized that PRK had other sight advantages over lasik. I just think that everyone has been sucked into believing lasik is the only option and PRK is old news. That is so not the case and I can only hope people can do the extensive research I have done. I really look forward to it and if I can type when I get back I will update you guys in the "just had it done" section. Im also filming a documentary and I'll try to have it posted on youtube when I can.

Thanks Guys.
houstonman

Postby lvziggy » Thu Nov 15, 2007 5:58 pm

h - I couldn't agree with you more! When I first decided to have the surgery done I was expecting to have Lasik, so when my surgeon said I wasn't a good candidate for lasik but would be fine with PRK, I was crushed! After doing lots of research (and 8 months later!) I finally decided PRK was probably the better way to go afterall, so I went back to my surgeon and had it done in March. With everything I've read since then I couldn't be happier that I had PRK rather than Lasik.

Best of luck to you tomorrow. The first week or so you'll be wondering what the hell you did to yourself, but after that you'll love it!

Let us know how everything goes.

~Alison
lvziggy

Postby Remander » Sun Nov 25, 2007 6:30 am

So, what happened?
Remander

Postby houstonman » Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:27 am

Remander wrote:So, what happened?

go check out the "just had it done" section... I tell u all about it there :-)
houstonman

Return to Thinking About It