Flap creation?

If you are thinking about having Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL eye surgery, this is the forum to research your concerns or ask your questions.

Flap creation?

Postby travellingred » Sat Nov 17, 2007 2:56 am

Hello, I am thinking of having LASIk in Japan, but I have a question about the flap.

The surgeon I have found is highly skilled and has trained and recieved many awards in the States. On the day I am scheduled to hve my surgery there are 10 people having there's done on the same day. I have been told that after the flap has been created, the surgeon will then creat the flap for all 9 other patients before returning to apply the laser for reshaping. The reason for this is so the flap has time to stabilise apparently. So my quesion is - is this normal???

Many thanks. :?
travellingred

Postby LasikExpert » Tue Nov 20, 2007 6:26 am

If your surgeon is using an Intralase femtosecond laser, this is a requirement. If your surgeon is using just about any other femtosecond laser to create the flap or a mechanical microkeratome, this is a technique that is not widely used, but I can't think of a reason it would be a problem so long as the surgeon does not lift the flap and make the patient wait.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Return to Thinking About It