Thinking about it

If you are thinking about having Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL eye surgery, this is the forum to research your concerns or ask your questions.

Thinking about it

Postby ivanemoore » Wed Aug 23, 2006 9:16 pm

I went in for a consultation yesterday and have figured out how to pay for it. Now I'm just rolling the whole thing over in my head trying to make a decision. I'm a bit paranoid about the recovery time as I need my eyes (as most people do) for work. I sit in front of a computer screen 8+ hours a day and am worried about not being able to do that. I'm looking at doing the custom wavefront and the place I'm looking to have the work done prefers to do both eyes at the same time.

Am I overly paranoid with all of this? I know, based on reading through this board, that recovery times, symptoms, etc, vary person to person, but is there at least some level of expectation? If I have surgery on a friday, what are the odds that MOnday I'll be ok to sit in front of a computer for 8 hours? What are the odds that I'm going to have issues for weeks/months afterwards?

-- Paranoid :)
ivanemoore

Re: Thinking about it

Postby Button1 » Wed Aug 23, 2006 9:48 pm

ivanemoore wrote:I went in for a consultation yesterday and have figured out how to pay for it. Now I'm just rolling the whole thing over in my head trying to make a decision. I'm a bit paranoid about the recovery time as I need my eyes (as most people do) for work. I sit in front of a computer screen 8+ hours a day and am worried about not being able to do that. I'm looking at doing the custom wavefront and the place I'm looking to have the work done prefers to do both eyes at the same time.

Am I overly paranoid with all of this? I know, based on reading through this board, that recovery times, symptoms, etc, vary person to person, but is there at least some level of expectation? If I have surgery on a friday, what are the odds that MOnday I'll be ok to sit in front of a computer for 8 hours? What are the odds that I'm going to have issues for weeks/months afterwards?

-- Paranoid :)

I had the custom wavefront LASIK on a Wednesday and was back on the computer on Thursday. I did have to take more frequent breaks and used drops frequently because of dry eyes (you don't blink as much staring at a computer screen.) I am now three weeks post op (today!) and here are my results:

Vision is at least 20/20 both eyes but my doc swears it's 20/15.

Still have daytime and nighttime starbursting of lights, but I can drive comfortably.

Using drops less often during the day but still wake up with very dry eyes.

Still have haziness but my brain must be getting used to it because it doesn't bother me nearly as much.

Loving the freedom of not wearing glasses anymore. :D
Button1

Re: Thinking about it

Postby ivanemoore » Wed Aug 23, 2006 10:14 pm

Button1 wrote:
I had the custom wavefront LASIK on a Wednesday and was back on the computer on Thursday. I did have to take more frequent breaks and used drops frequently because of dry eyes (you don't blink as much staring at a computer screen.) I am now three weeks post op (today!) and here are my results:

Vision is at least 20/20 both eyes but my doc swears it's 20/15.

Still have daytime and nighttime starbursting of lights, but I can drive comfortably.

Using drops less often during the day but still wake up with very dry eyes.

Still have haziness but my brain must be getting used to it because it doesn't bother me nearly as much.

Loving the freedom of not wearing glasses anymore. :D

Thanks for the feedback. Did you get the plugs to help with the dry eyes?
ivanemoore

Postby Button1 » Thu Aug 24, 2006 12:02 am

No, I don't think they are bad enough for that. I might try Restasis and see if that works better than the over the counter stuff.
Button1

Return to Thinking About It