ULTRALASIK - year after surgery: Left-OK,Right-Little fuzzy.

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

ULTRALASIK - year after surgery: Left-OK,Right-Little fuzzy.

Postby NeXeR » Thu Nov 15, 2007 11:48 am

Hello everybody!

I would like to thank to all, who participates in this forum. Great site and forum! It contains a lot of useful information. Thank You!

Now it's 9 days ago, when I had ULTRALASIK surgery without Wavefront.
I'm 20 years old.
I had around -4,5 diopter and 2 astigmatismus on the left eye and around -5 diopter and 2,5 astigmatismus on the right eye before surgery. So my right eye was little worse than the left eye.

ULTRALASIK surgery went great: No pain, no problems.
After surgery I was able to see some big letters on the board, but my eyes were sensitive for lights(blurred).

Next day I had -0.8 and -0.9 diopter. Everything seemed to be fine. Look was "clear". My eyes were still little tired and confused.
Doctor said that everything is fine and it will be only better.

3-5 days after surgery I noticed that my left eye was able to see very sharply and clearly, but thru my right eye look wasn't that clear, but little fuzzy and blurred at every distance. Even when I tried to read something from a book, I had to concentrated and have to had the page very close to my right eye. My eyes together could work good, but the right one seemed to be tired and the look from him was little fuzzy.

Yesterday at the morning (8day after surgery) I was able to see very clearly and sharply on both eyes! But after one hour the look thru my right eye was getting worst.

Today: Left eye has clear view. Right eye is still tired and look thou him is still little fuzzy and blurred at every distance.

At the night I have around sources of light some kind of filled circles(Halos and StarBurst). I had it for maybe 10 years of my life, so it doesn't discomfort me.
Will it be better?

The healing procedure of my eyes wasn't painful. I didn't notice any "strong" pain at all, but now only sometimes while my right eye's moving I can feel very little pain as sting in my right eye, mostly around the blood-red place after surgery.

I think that's normal and it's caused by healing procedure. Am I right?

I'm glad that I had ULTRA-LASIK surgery and I know that isn't 30min miracle, but 6month of healing.

I wish the best result and no complications to everybody, who had or will have eye's surgery!
Last edited by NeXeR on Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
NeXeR

Postby NeXeR » Thu Dec 06, 2007 12:27 am

UPDATE: Now it is one month after surgery and my vision on my left eye is very good, I can read almost everything. But my right eye is still little fuzzy during the day(At the morning is sometimes sharper than my left eye, but both eyes seems to me little confused at the morning, but quiet sharp). :o)

During the day my left eye is getting better and the right eye's getting worst.
->
2-4 hours after wake up my right eye has problem with focusing on near, middle far and far targets and it's very noticeable at the end of day.

Together my eyes can work good.

Tomorrow I'm going to Doc for one month check-up, so I'll let you know.
NeXeR

Postby NeXeR » Sun Dec 30, 2007 10:57 am

UPDATE2: 54days after LASIK.

One month checkup went great. Doctor said that I have 0 diopter on left eye and -0.25 diopter on right eye.

Today:
My left eye can see very sharply(I can read almost everything).
But view thru my right eye is still little fuzzy. It seems to be caused by fucusing problems on my right eye. When I want to read something only with my right eye(no matter how far it is) it take lot of time to focus it "good", but the result isnt as good as on the left eye.

When I'm focusing at some object the vision is bouncing like fucusing system on camera when you're taking a shot but never get the sharp pictrue..just trying to focus.
It is very hard to get sharp view, but NOT impossible.

So I'm asking you all have had some of you same postsurgery problems and how long it takes?

Thx for all responses.
NeXeR

Postby LasikExpert » Sun Dec 30, 2007 5:25 pm

What you describe is a relatively common early recovery issue. Your eyes and brain are learning how to use your new vision. You want to read our article about Lasik eye strain issues.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

NeXeR is your right eye getting better?

Postby daydream » Wed Jan 09, 2008 4:20 pm

Hi, I hope things are getting better with your right eye vision.

I am one-week post lasik, i am experiencing similar situation: right eye clear, left eye blurred at all distance.

Do you still remember your left vision on the eye-chart? My left can only guess good until 20/40. And my doctor refuse to tell me the measurement which I don't really understand :-S

Anyhow, good luck with your eyes.
daydream

Postby NeXeR » Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:19 am

Hi everyone,

I just want to update my topic.
My vision is stabilized. The right eye is still little fuzzy, but if I'm using both eyes together, I don't need glasses anymore! My vision is sharp.

I can read books, I can work on my laptor or go outside and enjoy nature! :-)

So again, thank You very much!

Have a beautiful day!
NeXeR

Return to Just Had It