LRI

Post your questions and start your research in this forum if more than three months ago you had any type of surgery to reduce the need for glasses and contacts.

LRI

Postby Bouncing » Fri Dec 14, 2007 5:35 pm

Hi everyone. I was wondering what information anyone on the boards had about LRI (limbal relaxation incision), whether any one has had the procedure done, and what the results have been like.

I had Lasik in March and a retreatment in July. The only measurable refractive error is some remaining astigmatism and my eye surgeon has suggested LRI in the Spring if the astigmatism is still bothering me.

He said that the procedure at best would improve or eliminate the remaining astigmatism and at worst would have no effect on it. He said it could not make my vision worse. Something that could only help sounds great, but almost too good to be true, so I was hoping for some additional information/input.

Thanks.
Bouncing

Re: LRI

Postby LasikExpert » Sun Dec 16, 2007 4:19 am

Bouncing wrote:He said that the procedure at best would improve or eliminate the remaining astigmatism and at worst would have no effect on it.

This is very likely the case. It is possible, but not probable, that LRI could effect too much astigmatism change, but much depends upon the amount and type of astigmatism.

Bouncing wrote:He said it could not make my vision worse.

It would be more accurate to say that the probability of LRI making your vision worse is relatively low. There are risks with any surgery and those need to be discussed.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Return to Had It A While Ago