Considering getting Lasik at the leading universitiy in L.A.

If you are thinking about having Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL eye surgery, this is the forum to research your concerns or ask your questions.

Considering getting Lasik at the leading universitiy in L.A.

Postby Mikochan » Fri Nov 30, 2007 4:03 am

Hi,

Does anyone have any experience or suggestion getting lasik done at major universities [redacted]?

I went to several consultation at different places and felt most clinics are very commercialized. However, it's less so at [Los Angeles area university]. They are also ranked as the leading eye center according US News. They gave me the feeling that they are more focus on eye treatment than getting plastic surgery. I see several USA EYES certified doctors also put in some experiences there before open their own practices. One of them was also the prior center director. By knowing 50 tough question, my procedure will be done by the current director not some residents.

I appreciate if anyone has feedback with regard to getting lasik at a medical university setting in particular [in SoCal].

Thank you all!

Note: Post was edited to remove name of clinic. Feel free to contact this poster directly or leave your email so s/he may contact you.
Mikochan

Postby LasikExpert » Fri Dec 21, 2007 2:34 am

It is likely that any major university affiliated refractive surgery center will have at least one excellent surgeon, and likely more than one. All major universities have what is essentially the pick of the crop when it comes to department head surgeon recruitment and they tend to pick only the very best. A current department head or a former department head is a very good sign.

Use our 50 Tough Questions for Your Lasik Doctor to help evaluate a Lasik doctor not certified by our organization.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Return to Thinking About It