Ghosting problems

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

Ghosting problems

Postby elzayath » Tue Dec 25, 2007 12:13 am

Dear Lasik Expert,

I had a Lasik surgery done on December 4, 2007. A day after the surgery my right eye was perfect, but my left eye had ghosting (a second faint image at one o'clock). The surgeon told me that this is because there is unhealed spot in the left eye at 3 o'clock, and that ghosting should disappear soon. The ghosting is still there, although vision got better.

I made the ‘hole test’ for astigmatism that you described in your website. When I move the small hole (in an index card) to my right the ghosting is gone. Is this ghosting problem temporary and would resolve with time or is it because of astigmatism that needs re-treatment with laser?

Thanks and regards,

H
elzayath

Postby LasikExpert » Tue Dec 25, 2007 5:19 am

From the description provided by your doctor and your symptoms, it appears that you have a spot where there is corneal edema (inflammation), a dry spot, induced astigmatism, or residual astigmatism. You are very, very early in the healing process. If the problem is edema or a dry spot (which is likely seen by your doctor), it is very likely that most, if not all, of the problem will resolve with healing.

Keeping your eyes moist will promote healing. Read our article about Lasik dry eye treatment for details.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Return to Just Had It