One Week Later

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

One Week Later

Postby David White » Tue Sep 05, 2006 3:43 am

I had LASIK a week ago, as this is such a good site I thought I'd say how things are for me in case it helps anyone.

The day after my procedure I was 20/25 (from 20/600). I am probably about the same. My right eye is fantastic. My left eye is satisfactory but clearly less so, a little more hazy and blurry. I had some pretty bad redness and dryness problems with my left eye beforehand so if one were to respond slower I'm not surprised it's my left eye. I am putting lots and lots of preservatice free artifical tears in.

Regarding the left eye, it's very solid for long distance viewing, the moderate bluriness is more for computer or TV viewing.

I guess that brings up my only question, should I refrain from those activities as much as possible ? Should I be trying to sleep more to rest my eyes ? Or is watching TV and being on the computer good for the eyes to "practice" and get used to those distances. I guess overall, I'm not sure what my lifestyle habits should be to help my eyes the best I can.

Overall, though, it's pretty amazing that these are now "my eyes" after being 20/600 for so long.
David White

Postby LasikExpert » Wed Sep 06, 2006 2:28 am

Using your eyes to focus on objects at different disances will not normally cause a problem during the healing period after Lasik. What does slow healing is keeping your eyes open too long without blinking. This is a big problem with computer use. Blink often, use preservative-free artificial tears, and give your eyes a rest (closed) now and again to promote proper lubrication and healing.
Last edited by LasikExpert on Wed Sep 06, 2006 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Postby David White » Wed Sep 06, 2006 5:17 am

Thanks, I tried to concentrate on putting more artificial tears in last night and my left eye (the one with a lesser but still good result so far) was dramatically better today.
David White

Postby LasikExpert » Wed Sep 06, 2006 5:36 pm

We have a detailed article about Lasik Dry Eye Treatment that you may find helpful.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Return to Just Had It