CAN I GET AN OPINION ON INTACTS

If you are thinking about having Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL eye surgery, this is the forum to research your concerns or ask your questions.

CAN I GET AN OPINION ON INTACTS

Postby coreysno » Fri Jan 04, 2008 7:20 pm

hi happy newyear i just wanted to get your opinion on something i will be 35 in april i am a white male and i have had Keratoconus since around maybe 1990 i can get thru the day without wearing glasses to see but my vision is not perfact i have a pair of glasses but dont really use them as much as i should i am not a candidate for lasiks so i was thinking of intacts would you think that would be good for me to do now or should i wait unless my vision gets really bad to do it i am a little nervous about this so i would really appreciate your opinion on this let me know when you can thanks take care bye
coreysno

Postby LasikExpert » Sat Jan 05, 2008 4:18 am

Intacs have been clinically proven to help reduce the primary symptoms of keratoconus - progressive astigmatism - and to reduce or even halt the progression of the disease's effects. It is surgery and all surgery has risks, but Intacs received a special FDA exemption specifically for their use on keratoconus patients.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Return to Thinking About It